5 Filters

What's happening in Canada is happening all around the world

I have friends in Canada and I can verify that what’s said in the following 20 minute clip is true…

There’s similar massive demonstrations now occurring in Belgium, Holland, Austria, Germany, France, and just about everywhere else you can think of, worldwide.

Some say this is why governments are starting to back down on the nonsense covid restrictions.

My own guess is that the psychos behind the scamdemic knew that it would lead to massive civil unrest, and the psychos are probably surprised that they’ve been able to get away with it for so long.

Restrictions are now being lifted worldwide, in lockstep. They’ve gone too far now for us to be able to go back to ‘normal’; so the speculation is, what comes next…? It might be marburg hemorrhagic fever. There’s already been outbreaks of this in China - I did post links to this a few months back.

I know, I’m a jolly soul.

3 Likes

This one is especially for you @RobG

Pat, what’s your take on this?

Here’s the piece I think I linked to last month…

Marburg? Another 9/11-style false flag? Or are things going back to ‘normal’?

It sounds like Canada is as bad or worse than Australia.

Seems the govt has started sacking its ‘unvaccinated’ employees and health workers
Provinces sacked almost 10,000 health care workers over vaccine mandates

https://www.canada.ca/en/government/publicservice/covid-19/vaccination-public-service/i-am-unwilling-to-be-vaccinated.html

Peters says it’s a lot more than that across Canada.

WORLD WATCHES AS TRUDEAU THREATENS TRUCKERS – LABELS CONVOY AS TERRORIST ORGANIZATION

Actually it’s not just the truckers who have been threatened. I wondered why there were no immediate media pictures of these truck convoys:

“The TRAITOR JUSTIN TRUDEAU has banned all Canadian t.v. stations from covering this historical event and is calling the CANADIAN TRUCKER CONVOY a TERRORIST ORGANIZATION while threatening to seize all funds raised by Go Fund Me.”

Wayne Peters in Robg’s video says he can’t go into whatever province it was or he’d be arrested.

GoFundMe has blocked nearly $5m in funds from reaching the protesting truckers
Link: GoFundMe withholding $4.5M from trucker convoy until plan presented | CTV News

The Canadian Truckers Alliance…condems the protests.
Link: Canadian Trucking Alliance condemns protests by unvaccinated truckers

Seems proposals to deny healthcare to unvaccinated ar well forward too. It doesn’t even seem to be just people sick with Covid - if so that’s an extremely grave threat, the whole country should be up in arms about that.

Peters said people are not receiving care if they are not vaccinated, which requires shots and boosters to be up to date.

This is only what I could easily get links for. According to Peters the police have draconian powers eg to enters homes looking for ‘health risks’ (people), sieze their assets and put them in to camps they have been building. He said they are recruiting to expand these enforcement orders and people are being encouraged to dob each other in.

PS This might be revealing: a police officer who resigned in order to speak out

1 Like

Evvy, thanks for the links/info. What’s happening in Canada is quite jaw dropping.

But the trucker’s convoy is the first big backlash. There are, apparently, 50,000 plus, trucks and other vehicles now driving west to east across Canada, starting from Vancouver on the west coast last weekend. Most of the convoy is on Highway 1, known as Canada’s Main Street, which is the longest continuous highway in the world. From Vancouver across to the Atlantic Provinces is about 7000 km (about 5000 miles). The convoy is only going as far as the Province of Ontario (about 5000 km from Vancouver, approx. 3500 miles). This is a five day drive. I’ve done it myself, also during winter road conditions, and it ain’t no picnic.

The truckers, and other assorted protestors, are heading for Ottawa, the capital of Canada, where they are going to surround the parliament building this coming weekend, demanding an end to covid mandates.

Ottawa is often described as the most boring capital city in the world. Things might liven-up when the convoy gets there. If interested here’s a 10 minute montage of the convoy taken earlier this week. What struck me about this was the large number of people who stood on the side of the road to cheer the protestors on. It gets very cold in Canada at this time of the year…

4 Likes

Wow - impressive footage and commitment on show - even the petrol on this trip and back would cost thousands of dollars each, at least at UK prices. I guess the adventure carries a bit of risk too, I wish them all luck.
Thanks for reporting :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Evvy, beforehand the truckers set-up a Patreon fund, or such like, that very quickly gained 2 million dollars. The Canadian government quite illegally shut down the account and seized all the funds (there’s a court battle coming about that). However, the convoy has still gone ahead, because when you see the level of support they are getting from the public, it’s fairly certain that the truckers will be helped along the way.

As I said in my previous post, I’ve done this route, in a small car. To drive 3500 miles, in winter road conditions, cost me between 700 and 800 dollars in fuel (it was a long time ago now). That’s five days on the road, and doesn’t include food costs or hotel costs (if you don’t want to sleep in your vehicle during a Canadian winter when it can get to 40 below freezing).

Fuel costs must be many orders of magnitude more if you’re driving a truck.

6 Likes

Someone asked quite awhile ago where I live in Canada and I didn’t get around to responding. I live on the east coast on Nova Scotia.

Much of what you’ve said here is simply not true. There is no ban on reporting the protest and it is being widely reported.

This entire paragraph is untrue: “According to Peters the police have draconian powers eg to enters homes looking for ‘health risks’ (people), seize their assets and put them in to camps they have been building. He said they are recruiting to expand these enforcement orders and people are being encouraged to dob each other in.”

The Vezina opinion piece you’ve linked to starts out with this sentence: “Some people have been calling for denying medical treatment to those who willfully refuse to get vaccinated against COVID-19.” And that is true - some self-righteous people have said this. There is no official policy to do it, nor any official talk of such a thing.

These are PM Trudeau’s exact words today about the convoy:
’ “The small fringe minority of people who are on their way to Ottawa who are holding unacceptable views that they are expressing do not represent the views of Canadians who have been there for each other, who know of that following the science and stepping up to protect each other is the best way to continue to ensure our freedoms, our rights, our values, as a country,” Trudeau said Wednesday.

Answering questions about the coming protest on Parliament Hill, Trudeau said that Canadians who have stepped up to “do the right thing,” by getting vaccinated are the ones protecting “the freedoms and the rights of Canadians to get back to the things we love to do.” ’

I feel that the vaccine mandate which came into affect last week for truckers going between the US & Canada to be vaccinated is a stupid policy and an own goal by the government. The US has the same mandate so Cdn truckers who are unvaccinated cannot get into the US anyway. There is no vaccine mandate for truckers within Canada, And I was really disappointed to hear Trudeau’s words today (quoted above). I don’t understand what is to be gained by alienating a significant segment, albeit a minority, of the population. I have a theory that it’s for political gain and to isolate the conservative parties with the minority of people who are against the mandates. That’s the only reason I can think of.

The protest is indeed getting significant support. Donald Trump Jr endorsed it today as did Michael Flynn’s son and other US right wingers. It has always been my fear that hardline vaccine policies would provide an opportunity for the right wing to gather people into their fold and that is indeed what is happening.

I think that the reason the protest has so much support is that people who did not want to get the vaccine for whatever reasons have been ridiculed and ostracized. With this movement and social media, these lonely, hurt, principled people have found a community. It’s a big love fest for them. Two of my siblings are involved in it. My sister is leaving tomorrow to travel with the convoy from the east. My 85 y.o. father, who has been incensed about the whole pandemic and the official response to it from day 1, is very proud of her (he thought they should have just let 'er rip and kill a bunch of people - it’s nature’s way, don’t you know?).

I’ve said this here before - things are horrible enough without posting a bunch of misinformation. It is usually easy enough with the internet to verify at least the basic facts or at the minimum check a couple of sources.

Re the GoFundMe, the woman who set it up is a member of the Maverick Party in Alberta and also associated with Wexit. Both deny that there is a climate crisis and support indefinite and increased extraction of oil and gas. Wexit wants a couple of the fossil fuel extraction dependent Western provinces to secede from Canada. That aside, she did not expect the GoFundMe to get anywhere as large as it has. The proceeds were being directed to her personal account and I believe her when she says that she was going to distribute it to truckers to cover their costs to travel to Ottawa. She has stopped having the funds directed to her personally. The Canadian gov’t has nothing to do with the freezing of the funds. The fund is still open for donations but since it got so large, GoFundMe has frozen the funds until someone can prove that the money will be used for the stated purpose, which will be a big job given the size of the fund.

4 Likes

Hello @JackieL . Thanks for the input.

Perhaps you could point us to some mainstream sources where the truckers actions are being reported? Your comments are in stark contrast to the UK Column’s take here around 44 minutes, and they (the UK Column) have an impeccable record of careful research and objective reporting.

Equally, one could say that those who believe that there really is/was a pandemic so dangerous that the world needed to be shut down, also are having a big love fest. They too have found a community, and a pandemic of people unable to asses the evidence.

And finally, perhaps you could point us to a credible source of info on the GoFundMe situation?

Thanks

1 Like

I just heard a piece on the national broadcaster local morning show about people leaving here to join the protest in Ottawa. The reporter said she hasn’t seen such a large crowd for quite awhile. She also said that people didn’t want to talk to the media (reading between the lines, it sounds like they met with some hostility when they tried to talk to people). She saw a Trump sign in the crowd.

Many people who weren’t going were there betw 6 & 7:30 am in -13C weather. That’s -9F - very cold. So that’s real support. And many of the supporters are vacc’ed people who are against the mandates. It’s safe to assume that many others will be people who have lost their jobs or are on unpaid leave because they wouldn’t accept the jab.

Someone I know well who is unvacc’d and really into following this protest online posted that he hoes Antifa doesn’t cause trouble and ruin the peaceful protest. (People like him are posting widely that this is all about love and unity and bodily autonomy.) Anyway, this reference to Antifa is pure right wing rhetoric. Antifa, if it even exists as a force that would show up, would not be on the side of mandates. There are white supremacist, pro oil & gas, fundamentalist Christian, etc forces that are hitching their wagon to the protests.

I agree with what you say about many of the pro vacc people having their own love fest.

Here are a few mainstream articles about the GFM. The National Post is a right wing national newspaper. The CBC is the national broadcaster.

1 Like

Hi @JackieL , thanks for your observations and links, in the UK there is hardly any news of this unless you already know of it and search alternative news sites like UK column and Global Research CA e.g.

And this
https://dailyexpose.uk/2022/01/27/50000-strong-trucker-convoy-travels-to-ottawa-canada-demanding-end-to-covid-19-vaccine-mandates/

Cheers

1 Like

Hi Jackie, Thanks for coming in. I’m not sure what misinformation there is; most of this seems either near-as-dammit happened, has happened to some and/or appears likely or is obviously going to happen due to announced plans, policies and floated press discussions.

(However aside from disagreeing with your view of the information, I appreciate your thoughtful contribution on the human impacts you discuss :slightly_smiling_face:)

“There is no vaccine mandate for truckers within Canada”

There is a vaccine mandate, surely?

Reuters: “TORONTO, Jan 23 (Reuters) - A convoy of truckers started their march from Vancouver on Sunday to the Canadian capital city of Ottawa protesting the government’s COVID-19 vaccine mandate for truckers, which the industry says would create driver shortages and fuel inflation.”

Unvaccinated foreign truckers will be barred from entering Canada starting Saturday.”

In terms of the level of reporting, we might be being a bit UK-centric. This (massive) protest has not been widely reported outside Canada that I have seen. A couple of Reuters reports, and a photo of about twenty vehicles. Of course, no interviews.

I couldn’t find anything on CNN (not sure about my search skills there) and I’ve seen nothing on the BBC or UK mainstream, and only one mention in the Guardian search, at that’s in the very last two lines:

Trudeau says Conservatives stoking fear over Canada’s trucker vaccine mandate

“A convoy of truckers started off from Vancouver on Sunday on its way to protest against the mandate in the capital city of Ottawa.”

Incidentally, the thrust of this piece is that ‘conservatives’ are stoking fear - not a reference to human, employment or bodily autonomy rights, but Trudeau reassuring the population that supplies will not be disrupted. That’s all that matters, sod the poor sods who deliver it…

Of course truckers unable to cross the border will be sacked. What else would befall anyone unable to work?

Trudeau placed the Terrorist label on the truckers and Gofundme picked it up.

Gofundme was set up to allow ventures to be quickly funded - here it is functioning to prevent that, and at the behest of the government.

This is collusion.

“Unvaccinated patients say they were denied access into medical clinics”

" Quebec to impose ‘significant’ financial penalty against people who refuse to get vaccinated "

In Austria and Greece these aren’t mere ‘fines’ but set at a level to annex savings, ie over $1000 euros a month. The near future for most would be loss of job, house then on the streets. At the end broken people would be vaccinated anyway - in the UK there’s already been a plan mooted to give food and money to homeless people that agree to be vaccinated.

In my view, draconian measures that are being announced, supported in the press and then exemplified should not be downplayed as ‘not happening’.

Entering homes is always possible with a warrant, after which they will be able to use the new powers, whatever they are. Not sure whether these warrants will automatically be granted, but it looks like heading in that direction.

Quebec police won’t be allowed to enter homes without consent or a warrant, public security minister says

But granting police that power is not ruled out if situation worsens ‘dramatically’

Police can — and should — enforce COVID-19 health orders in Saskatchewan

The government didn’t spent $100m building these ‘voluntary’ quarantine camps for nothing.

https://www.canada.ca/en/public-health/news/2021/08/government-of-canada-announces-funding-for-covid-19-safe-voluntary-isolation-sites-in-ontario.html

Yes we have no footage of people being dragged off and interned but with the coercion measures and climate it would be naive to think people won’t be pushed into them one way or the other. Vaccine mandates, denial of treatment, rapacious fines and imprisonment have all been described as being for the purpose of ‘encouraging vaccine uptake’.

Cheers

4 Likes

Hi Jackie. My post above was a reply to your first post. Thanks for your updated thoughts.

A couple of minor points - not to contradict you, but which I think are worth pondering in general.

The Antifa refs - why would they be ‘right wing’ rhetoric? As far as supporting rights is concerned, the left have vacated the premises, and hopped across to join the oppressive forces and denounce the victims. Accusations of extremists come from that direction.

In general I think the two axes are left/right (in old fashioned terms) and the level of authoritarianism, which is independent of left and right.
But what we have now is the left siding vociferously with a programme which represents almost entirely corporate (I would say entirely myself) interests. It’s an interesting phenomenon to see ‘the left’ (which in the US is anyone to the left of Trump) pointing to the ‘right wing’ to discredit those who do what the left should, by definition, be doing - ie opposing the corporate takeover of law, health, media and government, and supporting workers and people defending their absolute rights and freedoms.

Isn’t the ‘love fest’ of the majority the opposite? They bond along the lines of expressing contempt for ‘the unvaccinated’, rail against their selfishness and ignorance without ever having checked out their arguments.
There is also a sense of unease that despite being in the overwhelming majority, they feel that the remainder must join them in order to make their own jabs work. Not only that but there is a lot of support for the view that they should be coerced or forced. Those not wishing to be jabbed have been demonised from the beginnng (before that actually). Though not everyone participates of course, it nevertheless actually bears all the marks of a ‘hate fest’.

Cheers

3 Likes

{Update - oops, see CJ’s post below}

Well!

Not sure if this is a tactic - the rule will still apply to US truckers crossing into Canada.
We’ll see, but if the US reciprocates, the truckers in either country still won’t be able to work if they need to cross the border.

Is the timing of this US announcement a bit odd:

New rule will allow 18-year-olds to drive semi trucks across state lines

1 Like

Hi @Evvy_dense , I’m missing something here as the links are from 13th jan?

Cheers

1 Like

Hi CJ. No - I am. That ‘dropping’ report only applies to US drivers trying to cross into Canada. My mistake!

The mandate under discussion throughout this thread (on Canadian truck drivers) was imposed on Jan 15. It has not been dropped.
ED

2 Likes

I’ve really appreciated seeing how this thread has opened out.

A couple of observations and a question.

I am bewildered why the “Left” and “Antifa” think that the orthodox covid narrative is going to advance their interests, unless maybe it’s some kind of Accelerationist ploy. (Accelerationists argue for intensifying capitalist tendencies in order to hasten it’s demise.)

The same underlying logic that people who oppose vaccines/masks/mandates (etc) are Right Wing or Nationalist or [insert enemy clique here] also makes no sense.

Unless of course democracy is really a choice between Unpreferred Option 1, and The Other (Also Unpreferred) Lot. Different names, different parties, same agenda?

In which case I suppose it would make some sense to hold up at least one Trump placard in a mass of people and thereby taint them all.

My question, to @JackieL : I have seen a report saying that unvaccinated Canadians must only shop in big box stores that sell nonessential goods if they are chaperoned to make sure they only buy foodstuffs and pharmacy items. Any truth in that?

All of the above said, I hope you’ll continue to input as much citizen-journalism as you can manage, Jackie. Another viewpoint is always welcome - especially from on the spot.

1 Like

You couldn’t make this up…

This isolation will mean that 50-year-old Trudeau will miss the reopening of parliament next Monday. Trudeau has been prime minister since November 2015, and was reelected for a second time last September.

I agree that left/right is not a useful definition in this case and indeed has perhaps lost its usefulness in general.

What I’m trying to say re Antifa is that as I understand it, it is not formal organization but rather people who showed up to fight violent racism during BLM protests.

So when this person (and there are many like him) whose political thought is limited to memes on Facebook says that he’s afraid of disruption from Antifa, I know that he knows nothing about Antifa and he’s gotten this idea from Facebook. And that indicates to me that there are Trump/Koch/Bannon/Cambridge Analytica type actors who are injecting misinformation and gathering people into their spheres of influence. And I think those actors are bad for society. They have no sense of or desire for the common good. They represent privatisation, wealth and corporate interests. I think we all have to be aware of how they are trying and succeeding in forming the society of their vision.

I agree that many in the vacc’d camp have terrible attitudes. Dismissive, ridiculing, bullying, no good will.

My position is that in Canada where about 80-85% are vacc’d, the others should be allowed their choice. Any payoff from mandates is erased and surpassed by the divisions and hardship they are creating.

1 Like