5 Filters

We have to face the possibility that our government is planning economic destruction for its own political ends – which are the demise of the state as we know it

May I suggest: Dig it out for yourself, Twirl. It’s plain to see. :slight_smile: And here’s something else on the same overall topic (h/t Peter Cleall, who posted this link at TLN):

As mentioned in the parent topic/thread/conversation, something seems to be wrong with the metadata, so here’s a link that doesn’t use Onebox:

Excellent article RG. Dominic Cummings is a truly scary guy. I was reading his blog last year, and he seems to me to have all the classical signs of a true sociopath. If he has to tear everything down to rebuild n his image, he’ll do it.

The harm that a no deal Brexit will wreak is monstrous. The harm that the government response to covid will wreak, similar.

I expect strife to spill out into the streets next year, but the really scary thing is that it could have EDF fascists at the front of the marches.

The unholy mixture of racism, xenophobia, poverty and social collapse that could be unleashed if something like the future described in this article comes to pass, terrifies me…

And from the article I posted earlier on likely unrest following the pandemic:

First, the policy measures tend to conflict with the interest of people, generating a dangerous friction between society and institutions. Second, to the extent that an epidemic impacts differently on society in terms of mortality and economic welfare, it may exacerbate inequality. Third, the psychological shock can induce irrational narratives on the causes and the spread of the disease, which may result in social or racial discrimination and even xenophobia

Throw a no deal Brexit into the mix and we have all the ingredients we need…

You got any spare boats next to you up there??

Spare boats and moorings, but I doubt they’ll be exempt from the Interesting Times.

BTW, here’s a wonderfully clarifying piece about what’s going on with the covid racket, by Michael Hudson, fished from the btl comments on Richard Murphy’s alarming article. It gets ever clearer that the covid racket has been inflated into a mass panic precisely to slip these revolutionary changes in favour of the 0.01 percenters into place whilst all the hoo-ha about a somewhat nastier than usual seasonal flu (with possible criminal enhancements) is still being whipped up deliberately by the propagandists:

(https://michael-hudson.com/2020/08/how-an-act-of-god-pandemic-is-destroying-the-west/)