5 Filters

Gone for a few days - or possibly forever... :)

Going into hospital today for a TAVI operation tomorrow: heart-valve replacement. Coincidentally, an old buddy, nine years older than me, phoned yesterday to tell that he’d been whisked in on short notice and had TWO valves done, plus THREE stents, all in the one op! He was a bit shaken by the suddenness of it all, but affirmed that it was no problem. There’s encouragement!

The hospital folk say they’ll let me out - probably - on Saturday or Sunday, depending on progress. All being well, I’ll say hello again around that time. Till then: Keep sluggin’! :laughing: - Rh.

6 Likes

I hope your friend got a bulk discount :slightly_smiling_face:
Best of luck Rhis I’ll watching for a piece of new or old wisdom (or even, not very wise, if you can do that!) to signal your wellbeing :kissing_heart:.

1 Like

See you soon. Enjoy the nurses

1 Like

Best wishes Rhis, please do get in touch when you get out and can message.

1 Like

Rhis, I know it’s an old cliche, and everyone says it (including your old buddy), when I say that you’ll be alright. These heart procedures are quite standard thesedays.

Afterwards they will often give you an x-ray of what they’ve done to your heart. If inclined/possible scan the x-ray and post it here.

It really is amazing what they can do thesedays.

1 Like

Good luck bro, or should it be break a leg?

1 Like

Good luck rhis! I’m sure you’ll be fine but if you get stuck i know someone who’ll do it for a fiver. See you back on saturday. Meanwhile any chance of some photos of the sexy nurses?

1 Like

Hello friends!! Back again jumping about like a young flea; well not quite. Nearly three days lazing about in bed, and feeling the need to get the body going again before it siezes up entirely.

Already noticeably less breathless, though, and - according to advice - should be able to build up bodily capability a good bit again, over time.

They gave both a new heart valve (heartfelt love and gratitude to the anonymous cow who gave me a bit of her collagen to make it!!!) AND a pace-maker, because they reckoned I needed it as well. Gotta say: there are some things about startrekkytechietechie that are simply gob-smackingly clever. All done with a catheter put in through the artery under my collar-bone. Told at the last moment that that way is inclined to be bloody, alarming, and more painful than the other routes, so they gave me a general anaesthetic; and - wouldn’t you know, I woke up like the previous two times that I’ve had those: effing and blinding, demanding to know who I was and where I was, and what day was it; and slowly getting more compos mentis as the anaesthetic wore off. :laughing: :laughing:

Absolutley brilliant team, at an excellent hospital. Zero degrees Kelvin of any hint of complaint from me. Enormous gratitude and respect to them all!

Back on the keyboard again as soon as I have anything even arguably useful to say! :slight_smile: Feeling great. No worries. Thanks to all for your good wishes. Best to everyone!!! - Rh

7 Likes

Brilliant news RG, great to see you back. There are some real good Drs in there, for sure - seeing to the right NHS priorities for once!

1 Like

Excellent that you have that behind you. Onward!! They seem to have that heart stuff down pat these days.

1 Like

Geat news RG, keep strong my friend.

cheers

1 Like