5 Filters

Gnomic wanker K264 and Mark Doran stick the boot into Rhis

Unbelievable to see Mark Doran and that insufferable gnomic wanker K264 sticking the boot into Rhis over on TLN:The Lifeboat News: Re: Sorry to say, I've been told Rhys died over the weekend. Rest in peace. nom

I always thought the doran character was too up himself for his own good - - his comment about the fellow reveals the extent of his inability to recognise the incisively cogent commentary that was Rhis’ stock-in-trade.

As for K264, there was possibly more substance in a single comment from Rhis than the entirety of the ‘history man’s’ output over the last 20 years - - and most of that simply amounted to incessant repetitions of ‘I told you so’.

Wankers, the pair of them.

4 Likes

Just read through the whole thread. Was never a TLN user but am I right in thinking it’s the same person as this?

One shouldn’t infer smugness from a head and shoulders JPG but putting the two together…

Rees-Mogg’s ‘wild lefty’ younger brother?

2 Likes

Your inference in this case is spot on, K…imo - I too thought the same when I first saw that photo - it matched perfectly the image I’d conjured of the man.

Overall, the thread is excellent.

After MLMB was discontinued TLN was for a good few years an oasis for me - I had a few irrepairable run-ins with some of the regulars over there - - I even clashed with 1 or 2 of the folk that abandoned ship for this place - though I like to think and hope that those issues were resolved/forgiven long ago.

2 Likes

Hi @NewSi, meant to reply to your 1st post…
Both just appealed to authority on covid despite hatred of the state. And neither could have a disagreement without turning quickly to adhom or abuse.
Whereas over years I never saw Rhis piss anyone off.

EDIT: For the record

Keith234 today, to his Leader: "I’ve found your professional judgement about Covid to be short, sharp and to the point. I’m happy to take your word for it and always have been. "

I.e. he has no basis for his endorsement of Doran’s criticisms of Rhis - which were based on his Covid views - other than his unquestioning faith in Dan’s judgement.

But Dan works in ICU - does a great job there I’m sure, but he has no professional experience of early covid treatment, while the docs who treat patients early say it works well, as do the studies. Dan wouldn’t be seeing those patients because they wouldn’t be needing hospitalisation.

Looking back on TLN to the summer of 2020, it was Dan’s refusal to allow evidence on early covid treatment (particularly hydroxychloroquine) to even be posted on TLN that triggered Rhis’s leaving the Lifeboat after around 15 years. He was already getting flak himself for supporting those in the firing line.

There are some great posters there but I’d suggest that for his courage in stepping into hot water out of principle and then leaving his favourite haunt, Rhis stands taller than all of them.
I should add that he copped a suspension without being told and after that didn’t bother to check if he was restored.

5 Likes

Such woeful discernment - may as well rename himself K2+2=5!

I was probably overly antagonistic with Dan during that c19 induced exodus to this place - but after Rhis left TLN it galled me heavily that relative pipsqueaks were lording over the fellow in his absence.

Many of the posters I once admired there have lost their flavour - Margo is the only TLNer I miss - I don’t often visit the old boat, but I haven’t seen Margo commenting for a good while.

I just remembered Rhis’ comical (feigned?) misunderstanding about 6Pilgers, and Ed’s earnest attempts to explain the concept - hilarious that was.

At any rate, Rhis would weigh in at at least 12Dorans.

Cheers

4 Likes

I find the way that Rhis’s death has been politicised to be totally reprehensible.

Look, I had many disagrements with Rhis (as many of us did).

It’s the total lack of respect for an old boy who has died - an old boy with a lot of wisdom and knowledge - which shows what a total shitshow society has become.

6 Likes

I saw those posts after somebody posted the link here and agree with you, though I’m not surprised that the two low lifes in question reacted as they did, and enough said about them.

I was KICKED OFF of the Lifeboat, or should I say Kicked Out, by Dan himself the administrator, back in the early covid days because I posted something about covid from a ‘right wing conspiracy site’, I think it was Breitbart, and while some supported me, including Rhis, (because how is BBC NOT a right wing conspiracy site, and did Dan object to people posting from BBC about Covid? No of course not.) most did not.

I saw that some one posted about Rhis ‘Well he made a mistake about wanting to question a pandemic situation on a site run by a practicing doctor’. I’m paraphrasing.

That sounds ‘logical’, but only because the doctor in question was ‘with the BigPharma/Govt/Media created consensus’. We all know there were, and are, MANY doctors who did not go along with the consensus.

2 Likes

Posts, like actions, define us. The thread at TLN defines them all clearly.

3 Likes

I remember it well, E - I waded-in in your defence. I remember too that mainstream sources, such as the bbc, were being cited to counter c19 scepticism - galling when one considers that such exemplars of media manipulation were targeted in many of the Daves’ alerts - - it was sad to see how quickly so many of them succumbed to Terror Derangement Syndrome (another Rhis confection I believe) and default to relying on perhaps the UK’s most evidently toxic propaganda outlet.

2 Likes

I hope you don’t think I’m party to that, Rob - sincerely, I’m just defending the fellow’s reputation. Had I still had access to TLN I’d have waded-in and confronted the pair of them.

Best Wishes

Can’t vouch for this but it’s interesting, and poignant, to search for this precise term and find three results, all from 2021, at OffG, Saker, and MoA, all authored by his truly. But of course ‘my’ search results will be shaped by the kinds of things I’ve searched for/visited before.

1 Like

“He was a stupid, pompous tit. And, where Covid was concerned, an actual public menace.”

The above is Doran describing Rhis on TLN. IMO it’s Doran describing himself.

I remember, thanks again for coming to my defense when I had done nothing but follow the guidelines of the site in question.

E.

1 Like

I share your disgust at the bottom-feeding twats on TLN. What does it say about this ‘dan’ that he’s let these nasty shits trash the memory of a good man on his little message board? As of today the messages still stand, proudly hosted on TLN. Oh doctor dan you must be such a staunch defender of free speech. . . or have I forgotten something? (sarcasm alert.) In retrospect no antagonism towards dan would have been too much for the occasion of the schism. Was he placed I now wonder, paranoically?

Agree about Margo. I returned once to the Shiteboat to invite her to come over but no result. I miss turtleman/tortoise as well but thats quite another thing.

1 Like