5 Filters

A glossary of terms . .?

Continuing the discussion from Gnomic wanker K264 and Mark Doran stick the boot into Rhis:

At least once or twice I’ve considered that 5filters ought to have a ‘glossary’ of acronyms and abbreviations (etc) and wondered if putting such together might be of service? In other words I’m happy to do the initial ‘work’.

Could an admin pin the post and maybe create one of those ‘badge’ tasks for newbies? My thought is to dedicate the pinned post to Rhis by way of tribute, and to acknowledge also how he coined or popularised many of these terms.

5 Likes

This is great idea, K - a splendid way to keep Rhis’ spirit alive here on 5F.

Here’s couple to get the ball rolling.

Freem ‘n’ mocracy - freedom and democracy - Rhis’ mockery of G W Bush and his tendency to mangle phrases.

Cospitherry - conspiracy theory

3 Likes

Have added those, thanks Si, to my early draft which is shared here: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1NA00poqwCWvmmt-W99vvleMLO_cvk_86s_t9C4gMSw0/

This is a google sheet to allow filtering alphabetically. When it matures some more it can be converted to PDF perhaps… but I don’t want to overthink this and perhaps there won’t ever be a final/definitive version. (Which I think Rhis would have approved of as he averred that knowledge is always provisional on many occasions. Now that’s science and I’m not even joking.)

… please feel free to add new entries or correct any existing ones. Obviously as the ‘owner’ I can fix any problems that might arise or undo any vandalism. It seems easier to make the document as shareable as possible rather than ‘distrust by default’ so people who would like to contribute, regardless of whether they are 5F members, really just need the link. Assuming I didn’t mess up the permissions.

“GICs” is great!

Great idea @KarenEliot thanks for taking the steps

Freem ‘n’ mocracy lol.
Who shall the first Freeman Mocracy be?

I think I did mess up the permissions, was emailed to alert me and have fixed this this morning Tue 30 May.