5 Filters

Gearóid Ó Colmáin on Putin and Ukraine

Gearóid Ó Colmáin is an Irish journalist and political analyst based in Paris. His work focuses on globalisation, geopolitics and class struggle. Here’s a 45 minute interview with him this evening (1st March) on the Richie Allen Show. I found this interesting because he delves into who Vladimir Putin really is, and what’s actually happening in Ukraine, and the historical background to it all. Over the last week there’s been zillions of words spoken and written about the Ukraine conflict. Ó Colmáin gives one of the best assessments I’ve heard thus far. You may disagree with what he says, but you can always make a cup of tea or spit on the floor and call the cat a bastard while listening to it.

The communication dropped out twice during this interview. Hence I’ve edited out the dead parts of audio and put the resulting 45 minute interview on my blog.

http://www.localradio.fr/blog/?p=5566

2 Likes

Thanks for sharing @RobG, very little controversial there though I queried, via your comments section, one statement I found puzzling.

1 Like

Excellent first 20 minutes or so on the background. Puts the historical context and the violent international-law-breaking behaviour of the West/NATO extremely well.

However, I find the speculations that Putin (and presumably Lavrov etc.) are really secretly working as part of some WEF agenda rather far-fetched and unconvincing. I have no doubt that, in order to be leader of Russia, he’s had to cultivate friendships and alliances with some pretty unsavoury characters (Yeltsin, various oligarchs). Doesn’t mean he agrees with these people. His joining of WEF also doesn’t need to signify he’s doing their bidding in Russia. Simply being a member may help give Russia economic benefits. Russia is a capitalist country after all and they like to do business.

All the evidence of the last 20 years points to a desire to strengthen Russia. If he had wanted to play the globalists game, he could have done so on many different occasions by giving in. Why go to the trouble of intervening in Syria? Why repeatedly speak of conservative family values? Why go into Ukraine now? I note now he’s been thrown out of the WEF. Is that part of some devious plan to confuse everyone?

Much is made of some photo of Putin kissing a boy’s belly. I haven’t seen it, but it’s apparently so tame that the MSM doesn’t even bother with it. Given the hysteria over Putin from the media that’s saying something. And ritual child killing? Sorry, too much of a Hollywood film scenario for me. A certain earlier Vlad (the impaler) induced many fantastic stories, like countesses bathing in virgin blood. How much of that’s true?

Finally, yes, Russia has gone along with the Covid pandemic. So have Iran, Cuba and, in its own way, N. Korea. Perhaps these are also secretly pushing globalist agendas. No, I think the reasons for going along are more complex. Partly, countries can be taken in by the seriousness by looking at what others have done. If Russia was getting its information from China, it’s not too surprising they’ve followed rather draconian measures. Then there’s the distinct possibility that this virus was perhaps a biological weapon unleashed in Wuhan – I’m still suspicious how it hit the Iranian cabinet so early on. Some Russian generals were warning about this possibility. Then there are the medical establishments. I think the feeling of suddenly being in the limelight and playing heroic “saving the world” roles is not to be discounted.

2 Likes