5 Filters

2022 09 27 The Americans Declared War On Europe

Even the eventual consumption of the Earth by a red giant Sun

Can we get insurance for that sort of thing?

3 Likes

The singular fact that such mediocre, if not downright stupid, people have been ushered into so many positions of power is a big Tell too. Biden can barely tell whether or not he has shat his own pants. Trudeau is Soo out of Sooty and Sweep. Macron is a posh Berk who married his favourite teacher. Ursula vd Leyen is essentially a geisha girl but with none of the grace. Truss, OMFG need I even carry on.

I saw a tweet saying she, Truss, will be lucky to make it thru to Christmas. One of the replies was if any of us makes that far it will be lucky.

The leadership of Russia is an exception, and Cyril Ramaphosa is no fool, but struggling.

2 Likes

I agree with you there, K. I reckon the individual states can for the most part play the game in their own way, and from that what I can gather Russian people don’t appear to be as put upon as we are here in the West. The game in the last 10 years has seen the Western loonies attempting to hammer Russia with sanction upon sanction - - but given the vast quantity of available resources, and Russia’s ability to retool its society (in the agriculture sphere for instance), they can effectively shrug-off the sanctions - - sanctions which it transpires end up crippling Western societies - - but then again, if that really is just blowback, then I’d say that it was entirely foreseeable - - and as they say, ‘the foreseeable consequences of an action counts as intention’. I believe that to be the case, the aim has been to immiserate Western societies in line with WEFesque ideology.

As I said the other week, I see it as being akin to a real world game of Risk - there are some sketchy rules, but those can of course be disregarded. How the heads of each state treat there respective populations is their business.

1 Like

Yes Rich, you can get insurance. Look in the derivatives markets. But never expect it ever to pay out, whatever happens. Most of the derivative-market bets seem to be of that degree of insubstantiality. The only real insurance is in building your soul’s acceptance of things as they happen: a Taoist quiescence, floating effortlessly with the currents, responding to all that happens with whatever grace you can.

God, old gits do blether on, don’t they…? :laughing:

UK Column of yesterday (28th Sept) had a very good section on who dunnit. I think it was mostly taken from Southfront.

The key issue for consumers is this. Despite the fact that neither Nord Stream nor Nord Stream-2 were supplying gas to Europe, November gas futures have already jumped by 9%.

As for who dunnit? On September 27, a detachment of warships led by the US amphibious assault ship USS Kearsarge reported on the completion of their tasks in the area of the alleged sabotage in the Baltic Sea and headed for the North Sea. Since the beginning of September, suspicious activity by anti-submarine helicopters of the US Navy has been observed in the area. In the last few days, reconnaissance activities of NATO aircraft have significantly intensified in the Baltic Sea area.

Well worth a read.

In the above clip, Brel sings: Jeff, let’s go to a whorehouse and get drunk! (as he tries to persuade his friend from jumping off the bridge).

With regard to the debate here, in the weeks ahead we are either going to get drunk in a whorehouse, or we are all going to be incinerated.

I would say the former, rather than the latter (ie, it’s all an illusion).

I’m not saying Putin is an honest player, I’m saying he’s not playing on Biden’s team.

I’m not saying Putin is a beacon of hope, for me. However ignoring the documented reality that Putin, ie the Russian govt, is a beacon of hope for millions of people in the Donbass simply leads to political illusion, not uncommon for those who theorize from a safe haven while others are getting their legs blown off.

Why ‘must’ he have the dirt? How can you be so sure he ‘must’ have the dirt? How can you construct an accurate political representation of our current world by believing something for which you have zero evidence? The belief thus resting on a foundation of faith alone.

Jesus ‘must’ have been the son of god! Otherwise he could not have done all those miracles and walked on water and risen alive from the grave. It’s so obviously true! Who else but a god could have been conceived in the womb of a virgin?

1 Like

I suppose I should qualify what I say about us all being incinerated sometime soon.

The obvious logic here is that the psychos who rule us would never destroy our/their world.

Against that is what Desmet has recently been touting as ‘mass formation psychosis’. My own experience of this is that it’s real.

It’s very easy for societies to quite literally go insane and commit communal suicide. This seems to be what’s happening at the moment.

It’s a phenomenon that’s very difficult to debate on an intellectual/rational level, because of course you are dealing with people who are completely mad.

1 Like

Shall we take a bet on how long Trussed will survive?

Come the Spring I doubt if even the European Union will still be in existence.

I’m still on the fence about Putin but, this is an interesting discussion about who blew the pipelines, who benefits, and the implications.

Someone who feels he can bluff a nuclear war hand is not fit to govern guys…there is no excuse…I wish he would tell us what he knows about the West instead…it might ensure that he lives out his days at least as well (and for as long), as Gorbachev did…

UFO1

1 You have ZERO evidence it’s a bluff. I’m amazed about how many posters on this site can navigate the political world relying on zero evidence. Your assertion is not evidence, surely you realize that? What if it’s not a bluff? In my opinion, based upon evidence of past Putin policy, Russia will definitely use nuclear weapons if their ‘homeland’ is threatened. People in the West blithely thinking ‘oh it’s a bluff’ are like the canoeists upriver from Niagra Falls not noticing that the current is moving faster and faster.

2 Not fit to govern? Putin has an extremely high approval rating in Russia precisely because the people who live there know what happened last time they were attacked by the Nazis. He’s also VERY popular outside of the ‘west’ because he’s seen as a political leader standing up to the Empire.

3 Likes

A snap GE in the UK would not surprise me one bit, however I can’t quite fathom how Tory votes of no confidence would be secured. Someone will be working on the details right now, I expect. Kier quacking Starmer…sigh.

1 Like

What’s the last photo @GKH?

AP-underwater-russians-comp

The above was published in The Sun and purports to show how Russia might have blown up the pipeline using Captain Birdseye’s boat, a jelly baby, and other nefarious Things that the graphics intern couldn’t work out how to paste into the image.

1 Like

Flying saucer with a Luftwaffe symbol. No idea what the significance is though

Mass formation psychosis is in my opinion a great example of pseudo-science and Desmet is an opportunist. One of the postulates is that people must be ‘isolated and anxious’. In my experience it’s precisely the people NOT isolated and NOT anxious who went along with the Covid narrative and accepted that the non vaxxed should be discriminated against.

What happened was a large section of the well socialized non anxious professional class with secure jobs and happy families CONFORMED. That’s it. They conformed to the state/corporate media marketing, they BELIEVED because they trusted the public health authorities. They accepted the censorship and ostracism of others because they are apathetic conformists. There was no ‘psychosis’.

Desmet’s theory gets a lot of play and replay because it implicitly LETS THE ELITE OFF THE HOOK. We were all crazy, nobody is guilty! It’s a get out of jail free card for the people in charge of the marketing, the billionaires, the politicians.

Mass marketing and organized violence (laws and regulations) require no theory of ‘mass formation’ and require no ‘psychosis’.

1 Like

I see NATO is making an announcement later this evening after the Russians won. Expect Ukraine to be accepted into NATO. It’s all they have left

Everyman, if you read my posts about Desmet you will notice that I am cautious about him.

It’s all very well intellectualising this stuff, yet you can’t deny the killing fields of Cambodia, the Cultural Revolution in China, the Nazis, ad infinitum.

Not sometimes, but quite often societies do go completely insane (you could argue that it’s happening at the moment in the West).

Well stuff me! I’d have bet the farm yesterday that they’d have doubled down.

I suppose the question is are they getting cooler heads?

1 Like

With apologies for earthy language but for the PMC not to believe would simply be too much of a mindfuck. As @Everyman quite rightly says it’s the secure/happy ones who have few bumps in their roads thru life who are committed to continuing to believe that all is right with their world. They have known no other reality.

A quick exchange with a lifelong friend who simply won’t countenance Wrong think. He lives in Netherlands. He misquotes what Biden said but the tenor of the ‘conspiracy theory’ lines up with recorded history.

I did not reply but it would have been to point out that NATO is a protection racket and that EU is the being consciously hollowed out. As Victoria Nuland also said ‘Fuck the EU’.

Not forgetting Gladio and the rest.