5 Filters

Warning Young Folks: Silence When We Are All Gone

Continuing the discussion from Merriam-Webster Edits Definition For "Anti-Vaxxer" To Include Opponents Of Mandatory Jabs:

This is the YouTube video, by Prof. Sam Vaknin, of which a partial transcript was included in the article referred to by @NewSi on 20 May.

(I’ve just got around to watching it. I had a monstrous backlog to catch up with.)

Any thoughts? (I’ll keep mine to myself as usual.)

1 Like

I’m sorry, I didn’t get very far in. I had to stop shortly after he repeated “they don’t have emotions”. When he says it the first time he adds “they do emotions”, implying they are fake. Whilst it is certainly true that people will often lie to their partners (and even to themselves) about what they feel and that they engage in acts - like masturbation - as a way of avoiding pain in their lives, it is silly to suggest that people don’t have emotions. Perhaps he later reins this in a bit, but it upset me. See?! I have emotions… mind you, I am quite a bit older than the age range he’s talking about.

Quite funny that one of the next videos on the list concerns “psychopaths”. Now that’s a different issue, of course.

1 Like

I recall reading the article earlier in the year and seeing some truth in Vaknin’s assertions, but don’t feel well placed to comment due to my own alexithymia. I don’t have words for emotions, or find them inadequate, and it’s easier to ‘mask’.

This is not so uncommon. Whether it’s as prevalent as Vaknin says, and the ‘causes’ if it is, are moot. His insistence that this is a particular problem for young people is patronising. On what basis does he say that one-third of young people are anhedonic (cannot recognise or feel pleasure)?

“There is no society… Everything is ugly. Dirty…There’s no beauty.” He protests too much.

Pain is inevitable, suffering is optional, would be my key response. The First Two of the Four Noble Truths.

There is an end of suffering, and a way out of it, the Third and Fourth. Vaknin might need to develop his mind and stop thinking quite so much :thinking:

1 Like

Hi folks.
Is this state of mind actually inculcated by the transhumanism movement led by the elites and their technocratic psychopathy. Blair repeatedly said the key was education, education, education - but was he talking about more and better or less and corrosive? He never defined it and in practice it came down to public-private partnerships for the creation of new buildings with services at astronomical prices coupled with eye-watering fees for college “educations”.
The collapse of society and the rise of individualism was powered by thatcherism, furthered by Blairism and now is being completed by feudalism which reframes individualism into 1%ism.
We have pockets of sanity which we must build into centres of resistance.

He’s a bit loose in his thinking or maybe just his definitions in relation to actions - most actions are not involuntary and automatic they are powered by emotions hence the esoteric movements within religions to control and remove the ego, which uses and abuses our emotions, so as to act from our true essence, some would say love.

A fascinating study all the same - but is it just the younger generation, the <30’s ?

cheers

1 Like