5 Filters

War Profiteers are a sign of a profoundly sick society : Caitlin Johnstone

Hi folks , this is worth a read or listen, imo, a stark view of today’s insanity:

I would add the following:
When you look at the inability of Ukraine to pay for anything we have to recognize that all arms sales for Ukraine have to be ultimately paid for by taxing NATO societies - every sale by an Arms Corporation will only go ahead if Western governments guarantee they will be paid. So all these massive profits are achieved at nil risk for most arms companies.
When people in the West vote they should ask themselves do we really want MPs who will consent to our taxes being used to increase poverty, starvation and death at home whilst increasing profits of arms companies to kill people abroad.

cheers

1 Like

Sorry, I refuse to read or share anything by Caitlin Johnstone. She poses as an anti capitalist anti establishment pro civil liberties and anti censorship activist but all during the Covid psy op she supported uber capitalist BigPharma, either directly or via her silence, she ignored the Corporate/State destruction of civil rights of people who refused the vaxx, she ignored the slandering and censorship of Covid dissidents, and she blocked people on twitter who politely pointed out what she was doing.

She proves that ‘anti imperialism’ is perfectly ok for the corporate/state establishment, precisely because it poses zero threat to the establishment, and that ‘anti imperialists’ like Johnstone simply cultivate an audience in order to steer them in a pro state/corporate direction when needed.

1 Like

Hi @Everyman , I don’t disagree with most of your comments but who would disagree with this:
“This society has failed as spectacularly as anything can possibly fail. We live in a mind-controlled dystopia where war profiteers get to steer public policy, where the entire biosphere is being fed into the wood chipper of global capitalism while we rapidly accelerate toward nuclear armageddon. This is the most insane civilization anyone could possibly design. We should seek dissent and divergence from it to the fullest extent possible.”
At the same time as I pointed out above she misses the main point of the business model - the arms trade to countries like Ukraine is not conducted in a normal market place where you take risks to make profits , there is no risk being taken it is all guaranteed by the public purse so there is only profit. It is exactly the same model as the jab industry apart from the fact that the big pharma killing is done just as much at home as abroad!

cheers

1 Like

HI Everyman. What about when the message is useful. Like (over on the other thread at the moment) Dr Buckholts giving us the helpful information that apart from the now real risk from the covid jabs of DNA alteration, cardiac damage, autoimmune disease and cancer (not to mention that antivirals can treat the thing called covid), the vaccine is okay for people who will die before the DNA change takes effect?
Despite the highly questionable method with which the message is conveyed, the information should be read, and the main ‘nugget’, i.e. the presence of the DNA, shared (as you yourself agree).
In such dangerous times, isn’t it better just to take whatever’s valuable and move on?
Cheers

CJ1, who would disagree with ‘Peace is Good’? Every tyrant says peace is good.

My point about Johnstone is that she pulls in an activist oriented public with her clever reworded platitudes, which are not at all threatening to the elite who have the power, and then she steers her public into acceptance of elite policy when the the elite really need public support. That’s exactly what she did during the covid psy op. She served the elite. So why should I forget that and help her do the same trick again? Look what she says here ‘mind controlled dystopia’, ‘insane civilization’.

You apparently don’t consider the Covid psy op, which Johnstone supported, ‘mind controlled dystopia’ or ‘insane civilization’. But I do, thus I consider Johnstone a mendacious hypocrite. Was not Australia from whence Johnstone writes ‘a mind controlled dystopia’, an ‘insane civilization’ just a few short months ago and Johnstone said nothing about that? And said nothing about all the people who were saying something and then deplatformed, censored and slandered?

I think your representation of reality is not the same as mine, especially the recent past.

1 Like

Evvy we apparently live in a different reality. In my reality, just a couple of years ago, ‘anti capitalist, anti establishment’ opinion leaders like Caitlin Johnstone, Noam Chomsky, Chris Hedges, Aaron Maté, George Galloway, Jeremy Corbyn, Media Lens…who am I missing, their name is legion, were steering the potential activists of the left straight into the open fangs of BigPharma, State/Capitalist propaganda, and saying NOTHING when I personally lost my job, my right to travel, my right to be out in public, my human rights. And I’m supposed to forget what these phony leftist scumbags said while my rights were taken away and I had to fight in order to keep my children safe from the needle pushers pushing poinson? Why should I forget that? I saw exactly what the scumbags did, and now they are doing it again, they rope in their public with ‘anti imperialist’ and ‘anti establishment’ phony talk, that is of absolutely NO THREAT to the elite, people share this around, their accounts get boosted and boosted, while those who were in fact challenging the elite drive to vaxx the world see their accounts censored, they get attacked like CJ Hopkins in Germany by the legal system, they get smeared like RFKjr, and you think I should share Johnstone’s work NOW??? Are you aware, really viscerally aware, of exactly what went down in Australia, right under Johnstone’s nose, to real human beings, the loss of human rights, the oppression, and Johnstone ignored that completely and blocked anybody who pointed out what she was doing?

We obviously live in a different reality.

Hi @Everyman , to be honest I have only occasionally looked at Johnstone so if she followed the same path as Chomsky et al on Covid then we should raise this point when talking about her work.
I had 2 relatives who I am sure died of the jab so I do have a very visceral hatred of any cover up by professional writers as well as the evil Elite who conduct these democides.

cheers

Hi Everyman

Nobody said you should share it, read it or forget anything.
It’s not just a covid forum. May have looked like it for a while…but a forum can host many different platforms.

Up until very recently Buckholts was advocating the jab, and still probably is advocating it for you, unless you plan to extend your family. You told us to share his testimony, didn’t you?

I understand why you’re angry as it’s affected you personally. The elites you complain of are up to other bad things, affecting other people badly, which also need opposed.
We each have our ‘reality’. That’s why I say collaboration is needed. I don’t see how that’s possible if everyone insists their own issue is predominant at all times. There’s only one beneficiary there, in my view.
Cheers

2 Likes