5 Filters

Vernon Coleman piece just posted at TLN by Rich, subject at once to ridicule. Justified?

Doesn’t seem to be saying anything wrong. And he’s certainly right that we’ve been conned about covid. Published in May, btw, when the con was already obvious. Ridicule coming from several of the most notable victims of Terror Derangement Syndrome in the Lifeboat crew, whose infection with the spiritual disability has most surprised me. Elderly men, I believe, who seem to have become terrified that they might die of this flu. I suppose I sit on the other side of the fence because I’m an elderly man who never swallowed the terror for a second. Not out of any special bravery, but because I’ve been buttressed for many years by personal diet/lifestyle/supplement practices which strengthen my immune system - indeed, my whole physical being - and by ancient psychosomatic health promotion methods which I’ve been practicing for decades, all of which destroyed the infection in three days of mild discomfort, when I caught it.

Like Vernon, I’m not rattled by the propaganda, because I never bought into it. But the falling-like-flies response of so many whom I’d taken to be impervious to such manipulation has been very surprising. A salutary lesson in how fear can cause principles to crumble in hours, and one which motivated me to jump ship and move here:

1 Like

Indeed, the power of fear is not to be underestimated! And it’s great to have you here!

I’ll have a watch this morning.

Cheers

Ridicule and propaganda

On a site where propaganda is supposed to be dissected, it’s surprising to see the idea of government propaganda itself ridiculed simply in order to take down a poster.

This got me thinking about the use of ridicule itself. Ridicule amongst people when you already know they agree with the premise on which it’s based, can perform a useful social function, like bonding or letting off steam.

But ridicule when aimed at people many of whom you know do not agree with the premise on which it’s based, performs a different function. It is clearly anti-social, it kind of means F-off to those who disagree. But it also attempts to steal the debate by public insults, so is itself a form of propaganda.

1 Like

Indeed Walter. To be prevented here, I hope, by vigorous moderation: play the message, not the messenger. And play it by reasoned, civil discussion, with plenty of established facts offered. That at least is a respectful response.

1 Like