5 Filters

UK Gov Contract For Lots and Lots of Anticoagulants

https://www.contractsfinder.service.gov.uk/notice/bbec3a9a-168a-46c5-a71d-990c2a8a8212?origin=SearchResults&p=1

NHS Framework Agreement for the supply of Direct Oral Anticoagulants (DOACs) for the NHS in England
NHS England

Published date: 22 July 2021
Open opportunity - This means that the contract is currently active, and the buying department is looking for potential suppliers to fulfil the contract.

Closing: 3 September 2021, 1pm
Contract summary

Industry

• Pharmaceutical products - 33600000
  • Various medicinal products - 33690000
    Location of contract
    England
    Value of contract
    ÂŁ3,185,000,000

Contract start date
1 November 2021
Contract end date
31 March 2024

Based on the info here that is a huge amount compared to normal.

A total of 226 hospital trusts around the UK were asked to provide figures for patients presenting with blood clots and how much money was spent on their treatment. Of those, 69 responded with 34,515 people treated at a cost of £65,913,637 – suggesting the national picture would be approximately 103,000 patients at a cost of £198 million.

2 Likes

Hi @Kate , thanks for the post. Based on a 29 month contract the new cost for anticoagulants would appear to be 6.6 times the cost incurred earlier for the 12 months to 2019!
This is either price gouging by Pharma or an increase of over 500,000 in patients for this one type of damage which we know is a side effect from covid jabs!

cheers

2 Likes

Is that £bn 3.185…?

That is one hell of a lot of warfarin.

UK Job Advert in Oct 2020 for ÂŁ1.5m AI Software Contract to Process Lots and Lots of Adverse Vaccine Reactions
The MHRA Urgently seeks and Artificial Intelligence (AI) software tool to procss the expected high volume of Covid-19 Adverse Drug Reaction (ADRs) and ensure that no details from the ADR’s reaction text are missed
https://ted.europa.eu/udl?uri=TED:NOTICE:506291-2020:TEXT:EN:HTML&src=0

1 Like

I don’t see how that can be for identifying data trends in the conventional sense. The data captured via web forms is presumably being saved in database tables that are easily queried using SQL.

So the AI must be for something else.

The reports on UK Column’s yellow card site suggest that all the ONS are publishing is rows and rows of Excel, and not even sanity checked at that.

The cash was spaffed, guarantee it.

1 Like

I assumed it was parsing the text of the reports which might take a bit of deciphering. Do you think AI would do a better job than a medic?

{I got a knock back

While Nuremberg=false do
begin
If Includes (“Blood Clot”, message) then
Delay()
Random (
“There is no evidence this was the vaccine”,
“The benefits outweigh the risks”,
“You’re more likely to get blood clots from Covid”
, Usual_Outlets)
Publicise()
else
if includes (“ADE”, message) then
report (Doctor)
end

etc…
:slightly_smiling_face:}

1 Like

Ha ha, the joys of open source

I suspect warfarin costs about 20p per packet ( it’s a cheap rat poison after all!) but the real cost will be all the blood tests each month to check INR values ( speed of coagulation) , unless they force patients to spend on pricey finger pricking machines to self test.

PS I thought the NHS still mainly used only paper, AI might be necessary to decrypt doctor hieroglyphics!

FDA recall… https://www.fda.gov/medical-devices/medical-device-recalls/innova-medical-group-recalls-unauthorized-sars-cov-2-antigen-rapid-qualitative-test-risk-false-test

Hi @GKH , so I assume Inova has just redirected their supplies outside the US! I’m not sure how this could be checked without a whistleblower.

cheers