5 Filters

Thoughts On The Iraq Invasion

“Manipulating public thought at mass scale is a science. Scientific fields don’t magically become less sophisticated over time, they become more sophisticated. Every time they run a new mass-scale manipulation, whether it succeeds or fails, they learn from it. And they evolve.”

Indeed! Exhibit one: The current propaganda shitshow about the slightly-nastier-than-usual covid flu. (Yes I know it’s killed some people; every seasonal flu always does.) Even if the manipulators don’t get to impose all their scams onto us, on the back of this fake ‘pandemic’, they’re making lots of gains - from their WealthPowerStatus-grabbing perspective - and, as Caitlin says, gaining massive experience and confidence about how criminally easy it is to stampede huge herds of suckers with Terror Derangement Syndrome. Look anywhere about you for masses of examples.

Right, off to cycle down to the village coop now, there to enter brazenly maskless, and dare anyone to say anything about it. Half the staff now wear no masks, having arranged exemptions for themselves. One of them is a neighbour here at the boatyard, and told me that he’s not vulnerable to trouble from the mask (as plenty are!), but just got himself an ‘exemption’ lanyard from Ebay, and everyone accepted it without question. Here, it’s clear, the whole panic-driven stampede is wearing off slowly. People have had enough of the shitshow, when there’s obviously no vast health emergency going on at all.

BTW, surely C is a bit conservative in saying a million Iraqis genocided by the Anglozionist-empire criminals. It must be well over that by now, quite apart from the half-million murdered infants that the criminal swine Albright was so laid-back about.

Hi RG

I know several people who’ve died from this “slightly-nastier-than-usual-covid-flu”. And others, including one of my sisters, who nearly did.

I’m not sure why you have such a blind spot regarding the human catastrophe that’s unfolded in the country over the last year, and the demonstrable genocidal culpability of the Tory government.

But I do know that nothing I can show you, tell you, or demonstrate for you will cause you to change your mind. Neither will the testimony of hundreds of doctors who are watching thousands of people die.

I wish I could bury my head in the sand like that. It must feel nice. From where I’m sitting i feel grief for the hundreds of thousands who died. Including the loved ones of my neighbors, friends and family.

Stay well and healthy my old friend.

It’s strategic realism, P. Thousands die every year from flus. It’s just the way things are. I don’t piss on the heads of your friends/kindred who died or nearly died. Wouldn’t dream of belittling such individual tragedies. But the fact remains that the so-called pandemic doesn’t actually show any reliable signs - key idea - of being an enormous world-wide mass-killer, quite apart from how bad it’s really been here in Britain, behind all the wilfully-deceitful figure-fiddling.

I respectfully suggest we neither of us know - any more than any one else does - just how bad this illness has been. We won’t have any reliable idea of that for some time. (Though the fact remains: in my part of Britain, so-one seems to know anyone who’s been desperately ill, or died of it; and the local hospital is entirely normal for this time of year; been visiting repeatedly for eye-treatment recently, and that’s quite clear when I’m there.)

Till we get the hindsight, we’re all partially blind; no exceptions. And buried over our heads in the constant flood of lying propaganda too, which doesn’t help the teasing out of certainties, of course. None of us really knows what’s been happening and what’s happening now. In this time of universal corruption and organised lying, it doesn’t do to be too certain about these things. OTOH, personally knowing victims is bound to be shocking, and likely to darken one’s take on what’s happening. Horrible situation. Commiserations. But caution on unwarranted certainty also counselled… Cheers bro! :slight_smile:

PS: I can see how upset you are, old friend, about this disagreement, about what has clearly been a very nasty period for you and yours. Genuinely sorry about that. Really not meaning to belittle any personal distress that this thing has caused you-all. As I said: commiserations. - Rh.

1 Like

Hi bwana

I appreciate your emapthy. Indeed there are hundreds of thousands of families in this country who are grieving much more seriously than I am. My neighbour has the anniversary of her sister’s death this Good Friday. Perhaps spare a thought for her.

so, just a couple of small points. I applaud an open mind, as you are aware. I have allowed fresh evidence to cause my thinking to evolve over the last year, in many details regarding this virus. I respectfully invite you to consider whether statements like:

• “the so-called pandemic”
  • " the slightly-nastier-than-usual covid flu"
  • “this fake ‘pandemic’”
  • “please, don’t anyone show me stats”

and many others are indicative of a truly open mind? It feels like you’ve made up your mind, and nothing I, or any human alive on the planet right now, can show you will cause you to change that.

When you find yourself in a position of being so sure of something that no amount of evidence will cause you to reflect and change your opinion, surely it’s time to reconsider?

Or maybe not. It’s just a thought. None of this matters one way or the other, in any case.

Cheers buddy
PP

EDIT: It is no small irony, that we are having this discussion in a post about the devastating effects of the Iraq war. I remember having very similar conversations all those years ago, with many folks who did their level best to rubbish the modeling and stats done by Les Roberts and co at Johns Hopkins, that attempted to determine the true cost of that war. Here we are nearly 2 decades later having very similar arguments about whether or not to trust the modeling and stats showing the true cost of this pandemic. There are still people today who are trying to say that “we still don’t know the actual cost of the Iraq war and the stats are suspect”.

Perhaps there was no excess mortality in Iraq either eh? I guess we are still waiting and seeing…

Hi Rhis and Pontius

Is ‘nasty’ too one-dimensional a description, anyway? Perhaps it’s more like the attack vs the defense at the time.
I was surprised to read in a study highlighted in a Malcolm Kendrick blog that flu kills people via the mechanism of …cytokine storms (given at end). And that these are alleviated by …vitamin D!

In quantitative terms Covid-19 is worse than flu and there are a lot more victims out there, and I’d include occupational stress of health workers in the middle of all the deaths.

Covid-19 may not be qualitatively worse than flu, it seems the difference might be in our levels of immunity, covid being new for most of us. The general state of our immune systems seems to impact greatly on our ability to fight either of the two diseases.

I think the focus needs to be not on the ‘league position’ of the opponent but on ‘the manager’, whose job it is to not just get ‘the team’ into good general shape but to take measures against known specific threats (cf, necessary vitamins).
When it goes wrong for some reason, he needs to make appropriate substitutions (treatments, including better-late-than-never vitamins) - and not wait months for his preferred solution to materialize in order to claim the glory (or otherwise personally benefit) at whatever cost.

I think the worst part is that the difference between covid and the flu would likely have mattered far less if only our ‘team’ had been in better shape - and as long as the verifiable basic health issues are ignored, people will continue to die unnecessarily, in large numbers.
Other things follow. Governments and medical establishments (and the boundary where the twain overlap) have been confabbing about pandemic preparedness for years, including flu. But this ‘preparation’ did not include even the basic immune prepping of the populations with cheap vitamins - measures that can hardly be said to carry a cost. In the absence of any serious preventative measures, even a worse-than-usual flu variant might have floored us!
This cold-blooded neglect shows how much ‘they’ who are at the head of things care in their hearts, aside from the professional politics involved.

Cannell et al 2008, On the epidemiology of influenza
In the macrophage, the presence of vitamin D also appears to suppress the pro-inflammatory cytokines, Interferon γ, TNFα, and IL12, and down regulate the cellular expression of several PAMP receptors. In the epidermis, vitamin D induces additional PAMP receptors, enabling keratinocytes to recognize and respond to microbes [36]. Thus, vitamin D appears to both enhance the local capacity of the epithelium to produce endogenous antibiotics and – at the same time – dampen certain arms of the adaptive immune response, especially those responsible for the signs and symptoms of acute inflammation, such as the cytokine storms operative when influenza kills quickly."
Link: On the epidemiology of influenza | Virology Journal | Full Text

The journal of virology. Kendrick comments “yes, this is about as mainstream as you can possibly get in the world of virus research”.
Link: https://drmalcolmkendrick.org/2020/04/28/covid-update-focus-on-vitamin-d/

I need to read more of him. He has a perspective that seems to include both the gravity of the situation and the unreliability of the numbers bandying about. He’s also a great read.

Thanks @Evvy_dense - nothing I disagree with in your post. As far as I know, the best estimates put Covid somewhere around 4-10x more deadly than the regular 'flu. There is no question that we could have done a huge amount more to staunch the horrific death tolls around the world.

Enough from me on this. I’m not changing anyone’s mind here.

Cheers
PP

Hi @Evvy_dense I wonder whether you noticed Kendrick and Rancourt in 2 of the videos from the vaccine conference I linked to in my first ever new topic.
I was particularly interested in the Rancourt comments on Covid:

Denis Rancourt talking on 5th annual vaccine conference 10/2020
https://www.protectinghealthandautonomyinthe21stcentury.com/conference-live

commenting on masks and on mortality rates

2 points on mortality:

1. respiratory diseases are more transmissable in low humidity environments and so highly transmissable in northern winters and opposite year dates in southern hemisphere. Hence the reason for peaks in all mortality numbers in northern winter months over all years stats.
  2. the peculiar 2020 peak much later in March has never been seen before and he quotes Professor Cohen’s paper to state that this may be due to psychosocial factors such as chronic stress caused by the pandemic announcements and country actions in response. Psychosocial Vulnerabilities to Upper Respiratory Infectious Illness: Implications for Susceptibility to Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19) - PubMed “(Do our data tell us anything specifically about the potential effects of the COVID-19 pandemic? It is generally accepted that sheltering at home, quarantine for ill patients, and job loss can trigger psychological distress, anxiety, and depression (reviewed by Brooks et al., 2020) and that strong support networks may attenuate these effects (Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, 2019). Our work suggests that chronic interpersonal and employment-related stressors are also potent risks for upper respiratory disease for those exposed to respiratory viruses and that social integration and social support may confer resilience. Diverse networks and strong support systems may be especially beneficial to the extent that network contact can be maintained by phone, social media, Zoom, FaceTime, and so forth (Hobbs, Burke, Christakis, & Fowler, 2016). It is also possible that those with low levels of support and social integration suffer more in quarantine because of a lack of contacts to engage when isolated. Overall, the evidence from the viral-challenge trials indicates that the experiences associated with the quarantine (including sheltering at home), its potential for interpersonal stressors (including isolation, loneliness and conflict), and the loss of employment are particularly powerful predictors of host resistance to respiratory viruses. In turn, it is possible that they might play a similar role in susceptibility to COVID-19. “) Rancourt then calculates that in France 30,200 extra people died due to government interventions!

I certainly think the outlawing of hqc and ivermectin as well as the downgrading of the importance of D and C and zinc has been criminal in failing to treat all our people.

cheers

P, one thing I may have to thank you publicly for, in the event, is for alerting me to one of my own blind spots! :laughing: As I’ve often pointed out, by definition, we’re not usually aware of our own, even when they’re obvious to those around us.

Just this evening, on the 6 PM ‘news’ bulletinette on beeb radio, I heard a clip of Bozo saying that “…120,000 people have died of covid…” To which my instant response is: How could he know? Where do the actually-reliable stats come from? The answer being that, with the welter of deceit in which we’re all being drowned just now, he can’t. Not that that would prevent a known and proven bare-faced liar like Bozo from uttering whatever he deems to be politically expedient at the moment.

I do agree that there are always obdurates - such as the flat-earthers - who will never admit to being wrong, even when the case against their belief is overwhelming. But really, I don’t see things around covid being anything like as clear as that yet. I do expect them to come clear fairly soon, though. And when they do, ask me again, and if it’s definitely clear that it really was a global health emergency - which at the moment I simply don’t accept to be proven - then remind me that I promised to own up. :slight_smile:

And meanwhile, real commiserations to all who have suffered grief through loss of loved ones. I’ve suffered that myself recently, though only through old age, not concerning covid. Never any denying the real pain of that! Even my firm faith in constantly-renewing re-birth of immortal souls doesn’t wipe away that perennial angst. Losing the physical presence of those we love is dreadful, as is watching them suffer beforehand. Grief is grief, come what may.

1 Like

PS: Reiner Fuellmich and associates - a lot of them, and no slouches when it comes to informed and rational thinking - seem to agree with my scepticism. Shouldn’t take to long before things get clearer…

Please forgive the idiot muzak on the sound-track of this sober reading by Reiner. The shite seems to get everywhere just lately. Current fashion in film-schools, I suppose. Please god let it die soon!

Hi CJ. Rancourt is interesting, the main proponent of the low humidity theory. It’s interesting as it purports to explain seasonality. I read some of this before a while back but found it hard to get to the bottom of because humidity itself varied so much. Worth a revisit, so I’ll give him a watch, thanks.
EDIT: Hi again
With Rancourt you always get a bit more than you are ready to deal with, for better or worse.

Various aspects of the seasonal excess deaths suggest artificial impact, not just caused by natural viral spread. Fair enough, but as we know governments intervene, and do it differently, I didn’t immediately know where that takes us. But it led on to the compelling idea that stress and social isolation are big factors in determining who gets the virus the worst (as you describe in your point 2)), and he has research to back this up via the lifetime work of Cohen, usefully summarised in his recent work.
I think from Rancourt’s language he has other ideas as to how government actions might affect deaths (eg when comparing states (some don’t show a ‘covid peak’); eg his description of the actions of the New York (which showed the most pronounced covid peak) state as ‘the most homicidal’). Of course that very much includes government suppression of treatments that have a good evidence base, as you mention in your concluding remark.

The concept of excess deaths is brought under a cloud by the revelation that since 2008, deaths began to rise (Rancourt says this also happened in Canada and the US; he may have data on other countries). This means that excess deaths based on the last few (five?) years may be partly artefactual unless this rising trend is taken into account. Trying to juggle this, I also remember somewhere in the presentation about the span where the most vulnerable people are likely to die being about a year, and this leading to little two year cyclic effects whereby if the year is mild (eg low flu) the following year will pick off most of the vulnerable from the previous year and conversely if it’s tough one year, the following year will be short of vulnerable people and so will appear benign in terms of these kinds of deaths.

He doesn’t put the pieces in the jigsaw for you, but the gist may be that an artefactual boost in ‘excess deaths’ from a rising trend since 2008, government interventions that do more harm than good plus some small-cycle variations doesn’t leave us with much genuine ‘excess death’ to explain.

His presentation pre-dated the so-called ‘wave’ that took hold around December so I also wonder how that squares - I haven’t checked excess deaths for a while but in Rancourt fashion that would involve actually examining the previous years to obtain a trend and then adjusting for it.

He doesn’t say much in this presentation about humidity but I guess the simple idea is that it makes the ‘cases’ rise, then at some point brings them back down, so this should warn us about claims for success of lockdown, masks and vaccines.

As I say I got more than I bargained for…thanks CJ for the heads up!