5 Filters

Thought Occurred Recently re: NuclearPower/Weapons

As far as I can recall it has never been the case that anyone in the MSM (et.al actually), has remarked upon the consequences should a nuclear weapon be dropped in the vicinity of a functioning nuclear power station…the effects would clearly be horribly catastrophic and exemplify the maxim that; “one nuclear weapon can ruin your whole day!” Just a thought… #nuclearpowermeansnuclearweapons… Has anyone seen anything regarding this from any source?

Fukushima Image1

2 Likes

Can’t say I have. The schtick has always been “of course we’d never use them but if we admitted that the whole house of cards would collapse”. Being roughly equidistant between London and Dungeness I’m shrugging fatalistically.

Not forgetting the dear old Richard Montgomery…

1 Like

Another world war is unthinkable (as people like Putin have often stated).

Aside from all the nuclear power stations that now exist (there are more than 50 in France alone; about 100 in the USA; more than 50 in China, etc, etc) there’s also all the oil refineries, chemical plants, etc. Any large scale war would blow all this stuff up, and the resulting toxicity would render our planet inhabitable for many, many centuries.

Sounds crazy, doesn’t it…

About as crazy as some bullshit coronavirus.

1 Like

When Iran was seriously in the crosshairs of Israel and US loonies it was pretty obvious that even a conventional bombing sortie against nuclear energy power stations would produce a wide area of Chernobyl style fallout over a wide area including Iraq Afghanistan Pakistan and of course the Middle East including Israel itself. Few people reacted to that bit of research I assume on the basis that they looked at the IAEA reports on Chernobyl which only mentioned deaths of a few first responders and those within blast range but never covered the wider Chris Busby work on the subject.
Interesting that the WHO had handed over all reviews of nuclear accidents to the IAEA including all health aspects for which they were clearly under resourced to analyse even if they hadn’t been captured by the nuke industry from inception.
The damage these agencies cause is just mind boggling!

cheers

1 Like

Anyone with links to articles on this subject pls. post them here…

A local exchange between Pakistan and India hitting such vulnerable assets would be disastrous… a tactical nuke on a reactor anywhere… the possibility exists and we’re not helping by increasing our nuclear arsenal!

This site used to be quite good - e.g.

“ For example, the new nuclear earth penetrator that the United States plans to research would use a 1.2-megaton weapon. According to a simulation using software developed for the Pentagon, if one of these weapons were used against the underground nuclear facility in Esfahan, Iran, 3 million people would be killed by radiation within 2 weeks of the explosion, and 35 million people in Afghanistan, Pakistan and India would be exposed to increased levels of cancer-causing radiation.”

this is linked to a footnote which seems to have been wiped!

cheers

1 Like

It’s now very hard to get any info about what’s happening at Fukushima, which without doubt was the worst nuclear incident in history (three full size commercial reactors in complete meltdown, and at least one spent fuel pool - containing 40 years of radioactive junk - went up in smoke. It made Chernobyl look like a boy scout’s tea party)…

This is actually very relevant to what’s happening at the moment, because if the psychos can get away with this, they can get away with anything.

1 Like

“reached an agreement” Oh I bet…

“to cabal themselves during the recent summit in Tokyo, get their heads together on how to repair the Kashiwazaki-Kariwa reactor and keep the whole affair from the public?” Edited 11/12/10 https://www.arafel.co.uk/2016/07/hinkleypoint-did-you-hear-one-about.html