5 Filters

The Return of the Lockdown Left - Darren Allen

1 Like

His other essay about Chomsky et al (link in article you posted) also very good, especially his analysis of Chomsky. In it, he quotes Chris Knight’s, ‘Decoding Chomsky’ in which Chomsky responds to the accusation that MIT might have influenced his work. His response as follows;

There is a very simple way to verify the charge: determine whether (and if so how) the work changed from the time I was a graduate student at Harvard with no military funding, to my early years at MIT, when its funding was quite generally military, to subsequent years when I received no military funding at all. Answer: not in the slightest relevant way — which is doubtless why Knight evades this test.

That Chomsky audaciously ignores his own, now famous contention from the Marr interview, i.e., that if Marr believed anything else he wouldn’t be sitting where he was, somewhat exposes him

1 Like

Damns himself really, doesn’t he: ‘I am still sticking to the same tune as I always did’. Once trained these performing seals don’t need nearly so many sprats chucked their way.

2 Likes