5 Filters

The energy crunch is going to impact you and your family

Chris Martensen takes a long hard look at the energy situation worldwide, of which our current fuel problems in the UK are a small part. I don’t think he’s totally correct in the UK picture - I think the shortage of drivers is a much deeper problem than he gives credit for - but I think his global picture analysis is spot on.

Time for all of us to start taking serious action to limit our exposure to energy shortages, and to do our best to increase our resilience.

As usual, sending peace and love to all who post here, and all who read this board.

Cheers
PP

2 Likes

Chris spot on as usual. Ta, P! Currently scouting for cheap fuel not just for my boat stove (getting too physically infirm to go gleaning deadfall timber from the surrounding woods, as I’ve done for over quarter of a century) but also for my nearest and dearest, who are fatally reliant on gas heating and cooking - but with solid fuel stoves also in their houses. The loophole here is that regulations for burning solid fuel on boats are easier than for house dwellers, and the prices tend to be lower. Looks like my pensioners’ Winter fuel bonus this year is going to be supplying three households rather than just one. First time I’ve ever had to use it for buying fuel, since the wood supply has always been super abundant before. Still is, but not my jing-essence! :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

2 Likes

Do you use logs or coal in your solid fuel stove? I have a working wood stove at home too, which might very well come in handy this winter!

Round my way, I can get my hands on a bulk bag of logs for about 50 quid or so. Another way to go is to order hemp logs, but that’s a bit pricier. A tonne will set you back about 200 quid… But that might be shareable between 4 people.

If you or yours get in a jam, drop me an email bwana.

Peace
PP

My stove is homemade, and designed to burn anything. Keeping me toasty right now, on this chilly night. I think my first line of attack will be to get my family loves over here and set them to collecting and sawing up the deadfall wood that’s available, whilst I contribute the local detailed knowledge. And they can take back a few bags of the smokeless at the same time. That is, if they can find the fuel to get over here… :slight_smile: We’re actually quite well placed all told, to glean what’s available on the margins of society right now, being somewhat dissident livers generally. Wot larks! :innocent:

1 Like

You think you’ve got it hard.

As a direct result of all the covid nonsense, the lockdowns, quarantines and deliberate crashing of the global economy, 100s of millions of people in parts of Africa and Asia are now starving to death.

There’s no other word than ‘genocide’ for what’s happening at the moment, and it will be coming to your cosy little part of the world sometime soon.

4 Likes

I can’t at the moment find a more up to date news report due to mega censorship.

Hi Rob

Here’s a couple links from the WFP discussing what you’ve raised

https://www.wfp.org/publications/wfp-global-update-covid-19-november-2020

As you’ve said - it ain’t easy reading. The video I posted above also links the coming energy crisis to covid, although the real problem is that we’ve blown through our natural resources at an insane rate, destroying our environment and guaranteeing a largely uninhabitable planet in the near future for our grandchildren while we’re at it.

Covid was one shock too many in an already horribly fragile and criminally unjust economic system. Add in the already devastating effects of the climate crisis, and the implications are beyond imagining.

If only our governments had acted as quickly and effectively as the Chinese govt did in limiting the spread. If only they hadn’t waged a media propaganda war against the treatments that worked, if only they had followed the sane advice from groups like Indy Sage, rather than the insane path they chose…

If only we lived in a world where social justice, human dignity and environmental issues were more than simple virtue signalling.

Sadly that’s not our world. And you’re right, our predicament is only going to get worse by orders of magnitude.

Stay well out in France. Hope you’re able to avoid as much of the coming fallout as possible.

Cheers
PP

2 Likes

Wise words. Annex V is very grim reading and illustrates very clearly how globalised capitalism is really siege warfare dressed up in tarty “free market” glad rags.

As you say @PontiusPrimate, when a precarious set of just-in-time protocols unravel, bad stuff can happen very quickly. Are we falling or are we being pushed though?

1 Like

You raise a good question. I’m on the fence - I see an awful lot of incompetence and failing hubris from our so-called leaders.

My partner on the other hand sees a concerted global push towards the Great Reset. She doesn’t think it’s a coincidence. I’ve learned over the years the she’s worth listening to!

Cheers

2 Likes

Do that, P! :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes: And show her the SCooper screed that I’ve just posted above. And give her my kind regards, and a kiss for the dog (s? forgotten!) :roll_eyes:

1 Like

Hi @PontiusPrimate ,
I like CM, he was one of the earliest to push for ivermectin, but he has missed a couple of key issues :

1. Venezuela, has the biggest reserves of oil but the West supports US embargoes so production has gone through the floor.
  2. Fracking is heavily leveraged through the banks so the latter will do anything to raise gas demand at any price- to underplay the banking element is a mistake, they control and lead politics.
  3. As covid drops in the headlines energy picks up the slack and creates 3 day weeks and resurrects home working and of course FascOZism!
  4. Do we really believe all our French electricity just stopped for one burning cable - the shorttraders want their payoff so prices have to rise, this is the next big con after convid policies.

cheers

2 Likes