5 Filters

"The biggest public policy disaster in a lifetime" by Ian Plimer - the man with the facts, a shareholder in coal mines, or both?

Hi folks just read this via TCW:

interesting CV, wholly unendorsed by Wikipedia which (using the inverse-wikipedia-on-politics rule) likely makes him a truthteller with vested interests, straight talking imo.

cheers

1 Like

Did you mean ā€œno vested interestsā€?

I didnā€™t do the reverse Wikipedia due diligenceā€¦ the title Emeritus Professor was quite enough to convince me the writer canā€™t have his livelihood threatened.

A good piece, and thanks for sharing.

1 Like

I couldnā€™t quite see IP man being free of vested interests - he seems to have an investment portfolio that would fit any global warming enthusiast (uranium) as well as any old energy users (coal) - but as he says "that my links cannot possibly influence supernoval eruptions, solar activity and the Earthā€™s orbit.ā€™ā€™ :

in retrospect, perhaps I should just have stopped at truthtelling and straight talking !

cheers

1 Like

Oh I get you now @CJ1, maybe I should have looked a bit deeper too. I just figured ā€˜emeritusā€™ therefore canā€™t be fired, like Frank Furedi or Noam for that matter. Yes: that looks deeply invested to me.

1 Like