5 Filters

Telegraph - Crisis as excess deaths soar to levels higher than during Covid pandemic

A revisited topic - discussed hear a year ago amidst much uncertainty - rearing its ugly head again, with less uncertainty. A year ago the question was could the graphs be hiding excess vaccine deaths? Covid deaths were another complication.
But now there are certainly a shedload of excess deaths (the gap between the current (in black) deaths and the level expected (grey line)), and which are not explainable by the small number of covid deaths.
A look at the left hand scale shows these are alarming numbers, well over a thousand extra deaths per week.
Also worth noting is that contrary to the T’s implication, this gap between actual deaths and expected deaths has existed since about April…2021.
Yet one explanation you will not see discussed in this Telegraph article is the covid vaccines.
These are safe by definition.
ED

4/11/22 Crisis as excess deaths soar to levels higher than during Covid pandemic

Collateral damage from hospitals cancelling and delaying treatment to focus on coronavirus blamed for mortality rate rise

By Sarah Knapton, Science Editor 1 November 2022 • 5:59pm

Excess deaths in England and Wales are currently running higher than in the main pandemic years of 2020 and 2021, figures have shown.

Throughout October, there have been an average of 1,564 extra deaths per week, compared with a weekly average of just 315 in 2020 and 1,322 in 2021.

Latest figures from the Office for National Statistics (ONS) showed that in the week ending Oct 21, there were 1,714 excess deaths in England and Wales, of which only 469 were due to Covid - just 27 per cent of the total.

It is 16.8 per cent higher than normal. Deaths are also running higher than the five-year pre-Covid October average from 2015 to 2019, figures showed.

Health experts have warned that some of the unexplained deaths are being caused by collateral damage from the pandemic, when operations and treatments were cancelled or delayed as the health service concentrated on Covid.

The Government’s “stay at home, protect the NHS” message also left many people who needed medical treatment unwilling to bother the health service, or afraid they would catch coronavirus if they went into hospital.

The NHS is also struggling from long-term staffing issues and current shortages because of coronavirus, leading to record waits for ambulances, treatment and surgery.

Dr Charles Levinson, of the private GP service DoctorCall, which has seen a rise in patients presenting with advanced conditions, said: “What is driving the excess death crisis? In my view, delays in diagnosis/treatment now and throughout the pandemic.

“The reasons behind this are clearly up for debate. I also believe that the Government needs to be far more open on this and tell us what they are doing to solve it.”

Excess deaths are stubbornly high and show no sign of slowing, despite a fall in coronavirus cases.

Data from the Institute of Faculty of Actuaries Continuous Mortality Investigation (CMI), which takes into account the ageing population, is also showing significant increases in excess deaths.

The CMI found that there were 13 per cent more deaths this week than if death rates were the same as 2019.

“That’s another significant excess,” said a spokesman. “Calculated excess deaths were significantly higher than the number of deaths mentioning Covid on the death certificate. This continues the pattern of recent months.

“Cumulative mortality rates year to date are 3.3 per cent of a full year’s mortality worse than 2019.”

*The new data follow analysis from The Telegraph that showed that in the past six months, there have been more excess deaths from causes other than Covid than deaths due to coronavirus for the entire year.

There have been 18,734 deaths due to Covid this year, but since May there were 24,440 deaths where the primary cause was another condition.

Over the past six months, non-Covid excess deaths have been running at three times the rate of Covid deaths.

Some of those people did die with a coronavirus infection, but it was not the main reason for the death.

Covid death registrations published by the ONS have been creeping up in the past few weeks, following a rise in coronavirus cases in the middle of September. However, the government dashboard is now showing a drop in deaths.

While ONS figures only run to Oct 21, the dashboard figures are updated up to Oct 27 and show a drop in Covid deaths in England of 10 per cent over the previous week.

1 Like

The current knee-jerk posturing from all those who have allowed themselves to be conned by the covid pseudopandemic is:

“Oh dear, its all such a mystery! What on Earth can be causing all these extra deaths? Doesn’t seem to be covid [No! It isn’t!]. We just can’t think of anything that it might be; well, apart from a few obviously lame suggestions. What on Earth is causing it! Oh misery waily teeth and gnashers!”

(That’s one of Stanley Unwin’s lines, in case you’re wondering…)

1 Like

Gawd, you’re tempting me here with Stanley Unwin and his ‘Unwinese’.

I’ll just briefly get onto the Small Faces (a British band in the late 1960s). Their seminal album was called Ogden’s Nut Gone Flake, released in 1968 and got to No.1 in the UK album charts.

I could write many paragraphs about this. I’ll keep it short and will just say that the Small Faces wanted a narrator on their album. The Small Faces originally asked Spike Milligan to do the part, but Spike turned them down. Instead, Stanley Unwin got the job with his Unwinese, a mangled form of English. This track is called The Hungry Intruder…

(sorry Rhis, but we have to get away from the heavy stuff now and again, otherwise we’d all go mad)

3 Likes

For anyone interested a bit more of Stanley Unwin and the Small Faces…

They just don’t make 'em like this anymore.

1 Like

Apologies to Evvy for perhaps being flippant towards the very serious post at the top of this thread. But thinking about it, Happy Days Toytown (excerpt I posted above) in some ways sums it all up.

Is the red line on the graph the Midazolam line? Or is it the morphine + ventilator line? Or is it the Remdesivir line? A bit sloppy from the Telegraph IMO - one would think they would have a different colour for each murder method so we can all understand what’s going on.

3 Likes

Don’t forget the ‘died because criminally denied long-proven, actually-effective early treatment drugs’ line: HCQ, ivermectin, Big-C, quercetin, etc.

2 Likes

That’s the covid line :expressionless:

2 Likes

True, they don’t, though quite a few artists interpolate album tracks in a similar way these days, sometimes quite annoying but sometimes they really add to the overall experience. (Usually called skits and often take the form of voicemails, common on rap albums.) eg Freddie Gibbs has Joe Rogan on his latest, $oul $old $eparately. Also on that album is the very neat “CIA: Crack, Instagram, AIDS”. As a very concise summary of the war on Black Americans you’d struggle to come up with a better.

1 Like

Hi @Evvy_dense , thanks for your illuminating post I think one aspect has been missed of course - :

I wonder whether these are where covid is mentioned anywhere on the death certificate or where covid is the proved reason for death - and if so how did anyone prove death was through covid given the doubts over PCR tests, the failure to isolate ( in the true Koch’s postulate definition of the word) the “virus” , the dearth of flu victims from 2020 onwards ( I am unsure as to the current state of flu numbers), and of course the 3rd biggest killer :“death by medical means”!

cheers

2 Likes

Hi CJ1. I don’t know about that 18K figure for this year, that’s the Tele. I make it 46K going by worldometer. The 18K might be ‘death certificate’ mentions of covid but even going by the ‘mystery’ 46K the excess deaths total is way more than that. This is the only point I wanted to make - the ‘where are the bodies’ question now has a clear answer, they are in the data even if we don’t have a clear picture of where they came from. Cheers

1 Like

Excess deaths in the US…

The funeral business is booming. And not because of Covid

Even John Cambell has noticed! Some shocking Eurostat graphs showing excess deaths all over Europe: