5 Filters

Technodammerung

‘Gotterdamerung’ - ‘The Twilight of the Gods’ - is the final catastrophe-laden work in Richard Wagner’s ‘Ring’ cycle of four music-dramas: ‘Der Ring des Nibelungen’ - ‘The Ring of the Nibelungs’: a tradition-drawn, pre-Tolkien legend of the great rings of power. My apologies to Richard for mashing his word with my headline, but it just seemed too good a chance to miss. :slight_smile:

I’m speaking of a new essay by John Michael Greer, which he titles: ‘Tomorroland Has Fallen’, in which he precognises the imminent fall from power of our current, past-sell-by-date ruling establishment: the technocratic managerial class. You know, all those over-confident uni-plankton Fergusoid berks who’ve been telling us what to think, and what to do, about the covid-flu scam (amongst everything else about which they feel especially qualified to lay down The Law). John offers a very persuasive explanation of why they’re all going so berserk: Displacement behaviour. As a ruling ‘elite’, their time is up; and deep down, they know it: :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

2 Likes

Great article, and I lurve Technodammerung, @RhisiartGwilym you do come up with some treats while taking the English language by the scruff of its neck :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

The best bit was the assertion that, in essence, managers are crap at running things. Never trust an expert, as the slithy Gove more or less said…

I like this way of putting it

“If your mind is empty, it is always ready for anything; it is open to everything. In the beginner’s mind there are many possibilities; in the expert’s mind there are few.” Shunryu Suzuki.

By “empty” he meant in the Mahayana sense of not constricted by concepts/representations… Śūnyatā (shun-ya-tar approximate pronunciation).

1 Like