5 Filters

Take Back Our Tech

For one week, full tutorials on getting rid of Windows or iOS. Being paranoid, not sure if this is just another psy op but it doesn’t feel like it is. The crux of it is that the NWO need the Internet more than us plebs. Therefore any cyber pandemic (aka Klaus Schwab) will not take the Interet down completely. Using an open source operating system will keep you away from all the back doors that exist into Windows and iOS.

I’m up for it, but with guarded scepticism.

3 Likes

The irony is that much of the backbone of the internet is run using Linux, Apache (or Nginx) servers, mySQL and PHP - LAMP. I’ve gotten rusty but used to run Ubuntu Linux on some very modest kit with excellent results.

A Linux based games console has just been announced this week.

Am gradually moving data off Cloud platforms, and completely closed DropBox down.

In the workplace Windoze has it all sewn up.

1 Like

I’ve been using Linux Mint for years and would never go back to Windows. On the rare occasion I need to use the command line, a quick search always gives me the right bit of code to copy and paste to get the job done.

3 Likes

Kate, I’ve recently bought both a new laptop and a new desktop. No, I’m not rich and have been using old, crap computers for years: I just happened to have a bit of spare money.

Both the laptop and the desktop came with Windows 10. Windows 7 was the last of Mr Gates offerings that I could put up with. I immediately wiped both machines of Windows 10 and installed Linux Mint.

These latest Linux operating systems are excellent. The downside is that you still need a bit of techy knowledge to obliterate Mr Gates and install a Linux operating system. The Linux community could easily make this much simpler for the non-techies. I should also add that not all machines that are shipped with Windows 10 can be converted. Before going over to Linux you need to make sure that your machine can do it.

Anyhows, I could go on and on with this. I’ll just echo what you’ve said though, in that the Linux command line will be one of the biggest problems for Windows users. For example, I run Wine on my Linux machines, which enables me to run many Windows programmes, but to run Wine you have to generally use the Linux command line, and it often takes a bit of experimenting to find out what works (double slashes, double brackets, and all that).

I would venture that the other problem that hardcore Windows users will have with Linux is its very different file system.

Other than these quibbles, Linux (and especially Linux Mint) is the way to go!

1 Like

Welcome @Kate . I’m using Windows 8 and stop every “upgrade” which forces me to Win 10. I’ve wanted to go to Linux for many years now, but for work I use some propriety packages that only run under WIndows. I tried going to Open Office a few years ago but lost some functionalty and some data when converting MS Office files.

I agree with @RobG . The Linux community could make things easier and I would love to rid myself of Kill Gates.

If you have an oldish PC, or laptop with TPM turned off (or non existent) it ought to be relatively easy to convert to a dual boot system where a small percentage of HDD is used to run Linux.

Even easier, in terms of getting a feel for the file system etc, try a USB distro. I won’t include links, easily misunderstood as an endorsement.

Hello Kate! Welcome. Don’t be a stranger hereafter. The more (intelligent, knowledgeable, civil :slight_smile: ) posters the better.

I’ll be sticking around for sure. I’m glad I caught the link you dropped at OffG by the way, and thanks to everyone for the welcome.

1 Like