5 Filters

So you really want to know what's going on in Yemen?

This is a Vanessa Beeley interview with a very articulate Yemeni refugee from 2015. It clarified for me, much of what was completely incomprehensible when the Saudi’s started their bombing. Here are a few snippets.

"They [the Saudi’s backed by Usukisnato] have been trying to ignite a sectarian war in Yemen but Yemen is one country where we have had Shafi Sunnis and Zaydi Shias praying in the same mosques for hundreds of years. We are a society that is known to intermarry between these two sects. In reality they instigated this territorial war when they wanted to split Yemen into a 6 federal state system. We are tired of having their agenda imposed upon us and being forced to implement it. I have lived in Yemen for the last 21 years and I never knew that my next door neighbour was a Shafi Sunni or a Zaydi Shia. It was not part of our culture, we never asked. "

“I can categorically state, there is no sectarian conflict in Yemen. They have been trying to ignite a sectarian war in Yemen but Yemen is one country where we have had Shafi Sunnis and Zaydi Shias praying in the same mosques for hundreds of years. We are a society that is known to intermarry between these two sects.”

" The government collapsed in Yemen in September 2014. Can you imagine a country that has gone months and months without a government in place, without a police force, without an army, with a population that does carry arms and with crushing poverty, yet the crime rate is less than “first world” countries like America. Why are these people isolated when they have this inestimable respect for human life? They are an example to the world"

“My hope right now, apart from a miracle from God, is that there are more good people than bad people in this world and I wish we could reach out to them and tell them, today it is me, tomorrow it is you [my emphasis]”

2 Likes

Miriam is currently reading ‘Destroying Yemen’ by Isa Blumi, keeps on quoting significant bits; its pretty clear that Yemenis, like the Syrians, Libyans, Iraqis, etc. have not been kowtowing to the global financial system (still not) and there is a price to be paid for non-compliance. The UK has figured large in all these punishment/subjugation murder campaigns; it seems we just can’t help it.

God bless the Yemenis and God help them. Why can’t we just cut to the end-game and watch Israel & the USA go under the bus without the poor bloody Arabs suffering ad infinitum?

Anyway, here is what the well-dressed house in the High Peak is wearing this season:

5 Likes

A footnote:

In 2015 Miriam’s then boss (we were still ‘working’!) left after getting contracted to work in Saudi under the auspices of BAE Systems. He got this job through old chums in the RAF. Apparently there was logistical and maintenance support needed for the Saudi airforce and they wanted good people out there. . .

I just wondered if you ever get any comments from those who wore the yellow and blue badges they were handing with everything? A friend of mine, when I challenged him he said he was just supporting people who were in trouble. I cant wait until the next time I see him and ask where his Palestinian flag is.

4 Likes

Very nice too. I don’t know who the interviewee is but this short clip is really quite magnificent:

https://nitter.net/sahouraxo/status/1749593098852655413

“…but spare a thought for the innocent shipping containers…”