5 Filters

Scott Ritter on MOATS

Some reality to sluice away the taste in your mouth of the Permanent Bullshit Blizzard (that’s getting everywhere):

2 Likes

Very interesting, Rhis. The only thing I’d disagree upon with Ritter is when he says that a lot of the Ukraine Nazis will escape, to cause further trouble elsewhere.

The Great Patriotic War is deep in the Russian psyche (the Russians lost 26 million during World War Two). I can guarantee that the Russians know exactly who these Ukraine Nazis are, and if these Nazis don’t surrender, to be put on trial, they will be totally annihilated.

Likewise with all the Muslim nutters and mercenaries that the American empire is now sending to Ukraine.

True. I think a lot of them are going to be caught. Many will just be summarily executed on the spot, as soon as their identity is established and checked against the Russians’ data-base.

Andrei Martyanov is of the opinion that Russia will soon set up a war-crimes tribunal for the bigger criminals - in LDNR rather than Russia, because, as he puts it, the Donbas republics have death penalties in their laws, whereas Russia hasn’t - and put a whole lot of them on public trial.

VILenin and Michael Hudson agree that: “there are years when nothing happens, then suddenly days when years happen all at once” (something like that), and we’re right now in one of the second category times: tectonic plates suddenly easing accumulated subduction stresses by means of spectacular earthquake and tsunami.

Michael’s article a few days back (visible at Saker) is getting widely quoted, because he said he’s been expecting the collapse of the US for some time, but even he is surprised by how suddenly and completely it seems to be happening, right now: the end of dollar hegemony, the end of Exceptionalistan… thank god! I’ve been living under its tyranny since I was a toddler.

Shame about all the death, destruction and vengeance, of course; never does any good. But we’re a species addicted to war; we never stop doing it. Progress (the real thing) proceeds at an evolutionarily-slow pace… :pensive:

1 Like

Very interesting thanks Rhis. A useful non-Russian/American guru countering the easy ‘brutal Russians’ narrative that is being inserted full tilt into the ears of the world.

I’m hoping all the NATO “observers/advisers” are not given the opportunity to use a humanitarian corridor or go on trial. Let them just be “killed in action”.