5 Filters

Rounding the Earth: Is this it, the start of World War E?

(My headline, fished from Mathew Crawford’s Substack article)

Crawford, who is well placed to contextualise small matters like large banks almost going bust (or rather, seeming to) , says:

" HSBC is one of the global behemoth banks that is constantly under scrutiny for a long list of crimes. They paid $1.9 billion in fines for laundering drug cartel money. They seem to be constantly at the center or near periphery of Ponzi schemes coming out of China."

and

" I’ll keep saying it: The Plandemonium is about money, not a virus—not even a vaccine. The global economy is the real crown jewel of crime. That’s why this is World War E, which is in turn why the psychological warfare dial is turned to “overload”. As such, it should be the default to assume that the War Rooms are staffed with people who have some understanding as to what is taking place, and how it will play out. Keep that in mind."

and

“Hopefully, by the end of this article series it will be clear why the Silicon Valley Bank run is almost surely an artificially engineered event. That event is likely designed to push the U.S. into a Central Bank Digital Currency (CBDC) to ascend to reserve currency status.”

You can’t play the grand game without some grand moves!?
(That’s my meagre contribution to the discussion :slightly_smiling_face:)
ED

3 Likes

You got any idea of a score for Mathew Crawford, Evvy? What’s his weight?

Weight: H.
Finance and statistical guru, a real one, IMO. Highly regarded by the other heavies. He’s been on the plandemic since the beginning, he was so intrigued he stopped making lucrative money to write about it. He’s good at writing too - worth a read usually, sometimes gets too far into the weeds for most folk.

4 Likes

I’d share that assessment, he has been consistently excellent.

As a postscript to the above HSBC has ‘bailed out’ the UK division of SVB, they paid £1 for it. Zero Hedge helpfully contextualised this as “the equivalent of $1.21 at today’s rates” (or words very like that).

As an HSBC customer with more than a few quid on deposit I am thinking of diversifying eg a couple of hundred £ in amazon ‘top-up’ account, and some good old-fashioned tenners. Beyond that I am too low down the batting order to have any idea of how to respond but I suspect our side ain’t gonna be the winners :frowning:

4 Likes

Buy physical gold and silver depending on your financial position. They’ve been snapping this up for months already. No need to go crazy. Few ounces will make the world of difference. Likewise keep a small amount of cash handy. Once it goes pop, cash will be king for a while. Top up on fags, booze and the other essentials. Just put them away, maybe cycle the ciggies if you smoke to stop them going stale. Otherwise keep them for trade. Bog roll will be another to stock up on.

The point for us is not to profit, it’s to survive.

3 Likes

Sounds like good advice. I remember how Kurt Vonnegut related how good a store of value cigarettes were. I seem to recall him saying that in Dresden 1945 1 cigarette = 1 loaf of bread.

2 Likes

The Dark Side of the Moon can perhaps stand up as one of the best albums ever made. Here’s some brief lyrics from the 9th track, called Brain Damage (all lyrics written by Roger Waters)…

The lunatic is in the hall
The lunatics are in my hall
The paper holds their folded faces to the floor
And every day the paperboy brings more

The music on this album is so good that people often overlook the lyrics.

I’m going somewhere with this… oh yes HSBC, which was set up during the British empire to manage the illegal opium trade in China, and to manage the huge profits that resulted from it.

The fact that a blatantly criminal entity like the HSBC (it stands for ‘Hong Kong and Shanghai Banking Corporation’) still exists is because these same people totally control the mainstream media.

Editing in: here’s the Brain Damage track I reference…

1 Like

I bank with HSBC. This is because the Department of Work and Pensions unilaterally terminated the arrangement they had with the Post Office to pay pensions into a basic savings account, and insisted instead that we should provide a commercial bank account for them to pay into.

I had no such account at the time, but - considering as I do that they’re all a wunch of bankers: crooks of the first water - I thought that I may as well choose the worst of a bad set, and make sure that I cost them money continuously, and yield them no profit. This I do by removing cash from the account the moment it comes in, leaving them with the obligation to service the account - at their own expense - whilst harvesting nothing in return from me. Very small strike-back, I know; but ever little cut contributes to death by a thousand cuts. Anything to feck the bastards up!

2 Likes

Rhis, I’m not a financial person.

I would hazard, though, that because HSBC are one of the biggest crooks in the world that they will slime their way through this latest economic collapse (no doubt on a tidal wave of tax payer’s money).

I’m with you on that (Deutche Bank ranks first, but HSBC a close second).

A few years ago I was working on a large holiday home. A friend of mine asked if I knew who the client was and I said of course. He said, but do you know what he does and he told me to Google him. He was the CEO of HSBC Europe, and the last published figures for directors remuneration showed him earning £13 million as a bonus (not salary).

That money laundering does pay well!

2 Likes

Today, 15th March, is the Ides of March, which became notorious as the date of the assassination of Julius Caesar, making the Ides of March a turning point in Roman history.

Dare I say anymore.

You really can’t make this stuff up…

1 Like

Pat as well as beware the Ides of March, it’s also beware the HSBC and a totally crazy concept known as fractional reserve banking.