5 Filters

Rhis is in hospital with Covid

I think it has rained every day for at least two weeks. We haven’t had any day with more than two hours of continous sunshine during the same period. I think I said this once before on a different thread. I check the chemical balance on my pool. It’s spot on. I use the same amount of chemicals I use all summer. As soon as it rains, the pool acidity is increased. Rain water should be about as pure as one can get, but it is definately acidic.

2 Likes

Well I’ve been falling apart with my usual alacrity (and any other lubricants/unguents which happen to be lying around), I recently had to have a thumb cauterised with silver nitrate following a Pyrex explosion on my hob (tiny kitchen v.difficult to use), three weeks later I broke a wisdom tooth during a self-harm episode (I beat my temples with my fists -a brain chemistry problem that, I have no doubt, is due to fluorosis-), that broke so badly it 's cut my tongue for the last three days and made it very painful to swallow as I tried to access emergency dentistry (another nightmare), fortunately I got it filed today! Could’ve (nearly did), done it myself with a tooth file…thing is I’m U.V ultra-sensitive which, on -top of my dental fluorosis, made my teeth brittle and then fall out because I was stupid enough to go non-mercury on the NHS and they “fixed” the amalgam with a large dose of U.V…subsequently I developed intractable haemorrhoids and ENT infections (thing was my U.V problem hadn’t been a big issue for me in adulthood, I subsequently discovered that it is a “known issue” in dentistry but I’m outside of that dear old Statute of Limitations again now), …believe me guys you don’t want this congenital disorder + fluorosis…my teeth look like a f**king Mexican graveyard…

These are they…

2023-05-11_13-21-50 (2)

True story…it has been the NAZI fluorosis that’s nearly killed me though (more than several times)…think I’ll get (even more), drunk now…!!!

More on this when I’m sober…

They point that shite at you fellas!!!

How about the pic heh? Talk about “The Scream”!

My point about this being that I would otherwise have contacted Rhis by telephone myself, I will when I can see the wood for the trees.

3 Likes

Sounds like a difficult situation. You are kind to offer to help.

Hope RhG gets back to normal quickly.

1 Like

thanks for all this, and great to hear the old tub-thumper is on his way up again. I think he’s very fond of his granddaughter, so will take her advice. but at this time of year it must be healthier to be out in the fresh air or even on the water, than to be stuck in that toxic joint! Perhaps we can look forward to that pint by early August, if WW3 doesn’t intervene…

5 Likes

Hi everyone,

I just had a great chat with Rhis this evening. He is currently staying at a friend’s house, but should be back on his boat tomorrow - Friday. He has arranged for one of his neighbours to help him out with he basics, so hopefully he will be able to relax back in his own space, and should be rejoining this merry band online very shortly.

It sounds like he had quite a harrowing experience, but he is on the mend. He chatted happily, although still quite breathlessly for a while before we said goodbye.

I had copied all of the messages posted here (and from TLN) into an email and passed it on to him while he was in hospital. He was extremely moved by the messages of support from everyone here, and wants you all to know how greatly he appreciated your kind words and positive thoughts.

All in all he sounds beat, but not beaten.

Peace and love to you all.

Cheers
PP

9 Likes

many thanks Ali - and great news Rhis will be back on the old ‘lifeboat’! I look forward to hearing more about his trials and tribulations in due course… Many thanks also for passing on all our messages. cheers David

3 Likes

Cheers for this great news PP! Also looking forward to hearing about your trials and tribulations Rhis! Glad you made it skipper and I bet it feels great to be back at the helm on your boat!

1 Like

…which prompts me to recommend this recent movie which features girly swot chess girl Anya Taylor-Joy, on the cusp of superstardom (if not already) and one of the recent Dr Who’s as a bit of a slimeball. Superb mise en scene and a fantastic last role for Diana Rigg bless her heart.

A more recent tick on the KaEl Watchlist was Ned Rifle, the final Henry Fool film by Hal Hartley with Aubrey Plaza stealing every scene. Apart from the ones with Parker Posey…sigh. One pound forty-nine to rent on Vimeo, but don’t tell Eight Ace.

1 Like