5 Filters

Rhis is in hospital with Covid

Really sorry to hear this. I hope you make a quick and full recovery RhG.

2 Likes

Many thanks for this update - everythingā€™s crossed for Rhisā€™s return to good health. I desperately hope he escapes the NHS clutches very soon. X

2 Likes

So, I saw Rhis at an inconvenient 12:00. Just as they served his lunch.

Heā€™s doing okay. He talked non stop for 25 minutes, didnā€™t give me a chance to pass on your messages. We left him to rest and eat. Will return on Saturday.

Heā€™s got folks looking out for him. Bought oranges, fortified cod liver pills and some chocolate. He has it all already lol.

Will make sure he gets to listen to you all on Saturday.

Stay safe all

6 Likes

That sounds promising, many thanks LY

4 Likes

Promising news. Thank you for visiting him and for letting us know how heā€™s doing.

3 Likes

Itā€™s very promising. He mentioned needing a bottle of oxygen and a nurse to use the facilities. He now removes the mask, does his thing/s and gets back into bed before needing the mask now. Just got to be patient.

And anytime. Any time for anyone.

8 Likes

Great stuff - thanks for that LocalYokel x

2 Likes

Great news! Iā€™ll be relieved when heā€™s out of there. Thanks a bunch for doing this Local!

2 Likes

Thanks for this LY!
And Iā€™m thrilled he talked your hind legs off - contrast to the news as it was initially.
Bad for GICS - chronicles not stopped yet :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Excellentā€¦thanks! Give him my fondest regards!

Thanks for the update. LocalYokel. Rhis still alive and kicking, good news!

Give the old bastard a glass of brandy and a ciggie.

We can share the oxygen tent, while rustling through a copy of Playboy.

1 Like

Actually, this last year I have never known so many people to be laid low with respiratory problems, of all ages. This includes myself, who has a long history of crap lungs.

But at the moment, thereā€™s something in the air, or thatā€™s how it feels for me.

1 Like

Anecdotally, that suggest that Davd Icke was right. Five gee is dangerous and all the scientific (if thatā€™s not an oxymoron these days), says that one of the effectcs of giga hertz electromagnetic radiation, is it affects the bloodā€™s capacity to carry oxygen.

2 Likes

Hello all. Sorry for the delay, Iā€™ve been a human pinball for the last couple of days.

Went to see Rhis again on Saturday. Was told to ring them when I was about 45 mins away. Got the heat until I spoke to the sister. Sister says itā€™s cool to come. Then says Rhis can go home. I say I have a car and can help if itā€™s okay. Sister is very happy.

Arrives, goes through the mask hoop etc. See Rhis. He was/is off oxygen. He explained that heā€™d arranged a lift already.

Rhisā€™s granddaughter arrived. She was not impressed. She was reluctant for him to be discharged (fair because he was still occasionally struggling to breathe) and was reluctant for him to go back to his boat.

We left because itā€™s a family affair. Rhisā€™s health is what matters most and Iā€™m only familiar with Rhisā€™s digital life.

Was told to Stop! as we tried to leave the ward. Sister starts to get shitty cos I donā€™t have Rhis with meā€¦

To cap it off, what should have been a 3 hour trip ended up being a six hour trip because we couldnā€™t find anywhere for lunch or dinner (pubs are dying like never before and itā€™s so sad. They wonā€™t come back).

Sorry itā€™s not a better update

4 Likes

Thanks for the update!

So, pubs are really going under?

please keep keeping us informed.

E.

1 Like

Yes they are. One example is The Mill. Itā€™s in a quiet little village, extremely picturesque, stocked drinks you just canā€™t get down south and the stream running through the garden has crayfish in it. No news yet, but Iā€™d guess theyā€™ll flog the house separately and put houses on the decent sized car park.

The Kilkenny. Open, but clearly signed itā€™s available to let. Was nearly dark inside and the staff told us theyā€™re selling drinks only to pay wages and try to stay open. Kitchen staff long gone. Poor sods.

You can bet Spoons and the other filling stations will remain open. Thereā€™s only so much excitement in seeing another unique Spoons (ruined) carpetā€¦

3 Likes

Thanks again, LocalYokel - that sounds like a right palaver!! Btw, did you tell Rhisā€™ granddaughter that Rhis regularly plays fast and loose with her projected inheritance - that is, he regularly offers his ā€˜bullion betsā€™ ; )

Just a note on pub closures - thereā€™s been a heck of a lot of pubs closing their doors around these parts - - thatā€™s in tandem with a huge increase in those little craft-beer-type-micro/pop-up-bars - - just a broad-brush comment on that: I note that the few pop-up affairs that I have visited seem to be frequented by your right-on right-on liberal loonies of the type that might place their pronouns in their email sigs - - - of course TPTB would welcome a proliferation of those types of ā€˜wokeyā€™ watering holes, whilst celebrating the demise of the traditional pubs where discussions about the craziness of the world might flourish.

3 Likes

As a little note about pubs, in the late 80s I was working in a London office as a draughtsman. For those unfamiliar, a draughtsman does technical drawings for the engineering trade, etc. Back in the day it was huge sheets of tracing paper and ink pens. No computers, no mobile phones or any of that stuff. Just ink under your fingernails.

I think it was during the last days of Thatcher that pub licensing hours were abolished (perhaps 1988?). Pubs used to close in the afternoon, but not anymore! On the first day of open-all day pubs, at 11am about 15 of us walked out of the office (with ink under our fingernails) and went to our nearest favourite pub, and stayed there all day. I lasted until about 7pm. Some were still there at chucking out time at 11pm.

I should add that we were all freelance draughtsmen, paid by the hour. At the time that was about Ā£22 per hour, on which you could spend an awful lot of time in a pub (a pint was about 80p) or you could have a steak dinner, or you could meet a nice girl in Soho.

I feel sorry for people who have to do the regimented work for a living thesedays.

But Iā€™m sure those nice people in the Government are looking after your best interests.

2 Likes

Pat, I could believe anything at the moment.

Are you getting these incredible amounts of rain down at your end of the Charente?

I would hazard that somethingā€™s not right. I can actually taste it in the air (mettalic).

1 Like