5 Filters

Rancourt public lecture, Parts 1 and 2: Tinfoiler? Shill? Charlatan? Doesn't seem so

My experience, in delving into Denis’s presentations rather intensively, following the recent contentious discussion of his work here, is of a progressive falling of scales from my eyes.

What I think I see - at the moment - is an honourable, truth-seeking scientist and intellectual (provisional first estimate!), with a message for us that’s simply vital:

In a nutshell: much - most? - of what we’re ear-bent about by the pols, the mediawhores and the technocrat class (do you get the core sense of that phrase ‘the Permanent Bullshit Blizzard’?) is politically motivated, rather than genuine concern about genuinely urgent crises. It should be seen as ‘concern’ trolling about largely invented ‘crises’, created to stampede us, the plebs, and to give a cover story for the brutish authoritarianism of a ruling ‘elite’ in a panic about their own failing power; and about the real crises - the whole panoply of the Long Descent - that now threaten us.

Pandemics, climate emergency, democracy-defending, resisting dangerous dictators, ‘trusted’ information scams, fart-chucking, and so on: these are the continuing cons of the deep-state gics. Their umbilically-dependent servitors are the pols, whores and ‘experts’: career-enslaved functionaries, all of them - whether they know it cynically, or doublethink it.

Literally everything emanating from them should be viewed for the most part with great - and abiding - scepticism.

The blatant, breath-taking covid scam has galvanised a lot of us to wake from our long-time hypnotised state (very comfy and heavily foible-distracted, in the case of the Pampered Twenty Percent; us!), and to lurch into a much more radical state of scepticism about the very bases of our beliefs about the society we live in.

My - provisional - estimate of Denis is that he’s a path-finder in that process. And a genuine, truth-seeking scientist.

Sorry, more full-length videos; but - what can yer do!

3 Likes

What I like about the first presentation was his response to the persistent though knowledgeable interrupter - he didn’t try to shut him up but diverted into discussing the points raised, seemingly without ego or prejudice.
He seems to love engaging and being immersed in science. The second video shows he is abhorred by dogma and was prepared to sacrifice his career (and the ‘shillings’ :slightly_smiling_face:) rather than teach his students badly. I don’t think the question of him being a charlatan arises.
BTW the tinfoilers are right!

1 Like

Yes, the willingness to engage sincerely, and noticeably affably, with somewhat belligerent interruptions was very evident. As he said, the split between the younger audience - who gave a quiet hearing to his exposition - and the professors - who were more confrontational - was clear too. As he said, the chief response of those who’ve swallowed the climate emergency story seems to be to stamp their feet and insist angrily that: ‘The scienceTM is settled! Ninety seven percent of scientists agree!!’ (which clearly they don’t; not really, not in their diplomatically hidden, career-protecting opinions).

I wonder why the believers are so angrily insistent on it all…? It’s not exactly a welcome prospect, is it…? Strange!

The actually foreseeable outline - not that much can be foreseen in any detail - is that there are ructions upcoming; but we don’t know for sure what exactly, nor how bad.

My growing hunch is that natural processes, particularly cosmological ones, are far more in charge of the perpetual changing of Earth climate than anything hom-sap can do - or is ever going to be able to do. And there does seem to be a credible argument that CO2 atmospheric content, once it reaches optical saturation level (as it seems to have done already) isn’t going to make a lot more difference, however much more is added; and it’s buffered anyway between the air and the much larger sinks of the oceans and the soil-plus-vegetation.

It begins to seem to me that the whole climate emergency thing is more of a mirage than a reality; but that it’s being cried up for criminal realpolitikal purposes. And I speak as a long-time believer. Now that we have the gross realpolitikal swindle of covid before our - steadily re-opening - eyes, it becomes much easier for people to believe soberly in such gross manipulations by the gics and their bourgeois servitors, and not just to write down such ideas - unexamined in any detail - as tinfoilery.

Another unanticipated consequence of the covid swindle, perhaps? :laughing:

It begins to feel as if the covid plotters have own-foot-shot themselves royally. They’ve actually blown open the ‘settled science’ of climate emergency too! And of ‘viruses’!

One thing about Denis’s view that I’m still trying to get clear is that he keeps saying that there’s ‘plenty of oil’. This is true, if he means that there’s plenty just now, for a while longer, but The Limits To Growth still apply over the longer term. And oddly, I don’t hear any hint of that over-riding fact in Denis’s expositions.

I get the hunch that he may be aware of the truth of the Limits, but doesn’t see it as an immediate crisis in quite the way that the Anglozionist-empire-strongholded globalist gic class’s criminal manipulations are. I shall have to ask him. He seems quite open to serious questions, posed reasonably; or even unreasonably.

Rhis, these are obviously videos that I’d be interested to watch. For some reason, though, the embeds here don’t work on my computer in my location.

The only way I’ve got them to work is to go directly to YouTube and do a search on the video title.

I’m still watching them as I type this.

Love it! average surface temperature of the Earth is 14C - love all the maths as well.

Another thing they don’t tell you is that last year, 2021, overall was one of the coldest years on record in the UK.

But back to Mr Rancourt…

1 Like

Considering the untrustworthiness of Youtube, Rob, I reckon Denis’s own website is a more reliable source of all his output:

https://denisrancourt.ca/page.php?id=1&name=home

I noticed today that on the Android app, if not more widely, YouTube have been “improving” their search results. It seems to be promoting sponsored content very heavily.