5 Filters

On the Slippery Slope to a WiFi only Society #LoS #WiFi #5G

Quote; "TRADITIONAL phones have been saved — after BT announced it had ditched plans to switch off analogue landlines.

The news has been welcomed by the Country Land and Business Association (CLA) – which in the South East represents thousands of farmers, landowners and rural businesses on the Isle of Wight and other counties.

However they warned many rural communities across the region are still suffering a connectivity divide.

Regional director Tim Bamford said: “We are pleased BT has listened to our calls to scrap plans to remove traditional landlines from homes and businesses.

“With many areas still struggling to receive basic mobile and internet connectivity, landlines continue to be a lifeline for many people in isolated communities.

“The answer to this is simple. If BT wants to scrap landlines in the long term, it needs to ensure every single part of the country is fully connected.

“Sadly, this aspiration feels a long way away for many rural communities. We call on BT to redouble their efforts to ensure full coverage for the nation, so that the social and economic benefits of modern technology can be felt in every village and every household.”": Plans to ditch landline phones scrapped by BT

With many services (such as “Klarna” who simply brushed off my protestations that I could not access their financial services because I don’t own a mobile), being WiFi only you can bet it won’t be long before they try again to force all of us on to WiFI. Wake up people! #LoS #5G #AWFB

Cell

3 Likes

There is a gigabit network being dropped on the UK as I type. I’ve no idea who is paying for it, but it’s a free for all concerning suppliers. It’s cheap too. I’m getting three times the speed and nearly £20 a month cheaper than Virgin (so, so satisfying to tell them to hop it).

I’m hoping that it’s going to be rural as well. Although I live in the city, the countryside is only minutes away by walk or car. I will pay attention to see if the neglected previous areas are being provided.

To think Thatcher pooh-poohed a fibre optic network back in the 70s. It wasn’t cheap, but wow we’d have had such a advantage…but like north sea oil. What a skid mark she was

3 Likes

Video talk by Dr Cremola at the start here.

5g, Wi-fi and cell-phones. Hidden Harms and How to Protect Yourself.

https://articles.mercola.com/sites/articles/archive/2023/02/26/optimize-mitochondrial-health-long-covid.aspx

Cremola tends to dig deep. Starts here by telling people to put their cellphones in airplane mode. Hope the talk is useful for somebody!

The rest of the article is available on a pdf link
Strategies to Optimize Mitochondrial Health in Long COVID

Cremola says mitochondrial malfunction is fundamental to chronic diseases. Worth a look.
ED

3 Likes