5 Filters

More News You Won't See on the ugh BBC

In my opinion, one of the best UK Column News broadcast to date. It’s all video, and I believe somewhere, there are either exerts, or timeline links but don’t know where. Here is an outline of the coverage.

Davos
Good snippets of all the GIC’s speeches, including Tony Bliar, “boiling seas” from Al Gore, Mrs Zelensky on stopping climate change and John Kerry calling on “better aliens” to help, Stoltenberg “weapons are the way to peace”. I kid you not!

German Aid to Ukie Nazis
German tanks to Ukraine stopped by German parliament. Good speech on the floor. Analysis of effectiveness (if they had gone)

US and UK tanks to the Nazis
US Abrhams tanks not going as they will not work without massive support staff as proven in Iraq. Britain’s 14 tanks “important increase in Ukraines capabilities”. Analysis of the proposed 14 tanks with Ukies having about 1,890 and the Russians some 12,500.

Macron, million person march
Some interesting snippets from Macron’s puff piece in Al Paesa.

Gordon Brown and ICC
Propsal to set up an IC tribunal to prosecute Putin. Forgot about Iraq and Afghanistan.

British Embassy in Iran
Short video report from Vanessa Bealey. If nothing else, just look at the size of the embassy. WTF all all those staff doing (apart from working on regime change)?

Greta Thunberg arrest
As usual, BBC tries to prove this was not a photo op. Too much exposure already showing this to be a set up by German police

3 Likes

hi @PatB , try this for the time links:

cheers

1 Like

It was a good edition but Debi Evans’ rant last Wednesday, linked at least twice in other threads, was magnificent.

The ‘catch-up’ versions of the videos usually have a timeline published underneath, often by the evening of the same day. I tend to watch in the evening and follow the links once in a while.

There’s a news clips twitter feed as well these days:

https://twitter.com/ExtractsUK?s=20&t=hqLmo3LVt6t4ZkWS_K6DVg

Looks as if it might be much the same as when I visited in 1969 except for the barricades (there were none at all but we were best mates with Pahlavi back then). I remember the Izal-style paper in the embassy bogs, each sheet marked ‘Property of HM Government’. Happy days.

1 Like

With regard to the tanks, numbers vary yet it seems like a couple of hundred of them, of varying designs, and all needing huge logistics support. The Ukrainians will need at least 1500 tanks to have any effect.

But all that is beside the point, because the Russians have complete air superiority in Ukraine and any tanks sent there will shortly become toast.

This war was over months ago, because the sanctions failed to break the Russian economy.

The only question left is if people in the West want to be incinerated because of places in eastern Ukraine whose names most people can’t even pronounce.

2 Likes