5 Filters

More CO2

Posting out of general interest. This challenges the focus on CO2 as the sole or main culprit of GW. I don’t know the personnel at all (but what can that possibly have to do with it!? :slightly_smiling_face:) and I’m still on that uncomfortable fence :face_with_raised_eyebrow:
ED

Forget ‘settled’ science or ‘consensus’ – that is a political construct designed to quash debate in the interests of promoting a command-and-control Net Zero agenda. One of the great drivers of continual changes in the climate is heat exchange within both the atmosphere and the Earth’s surface. Current understanding of the entire picture is limited, and it seems the opportunity has been taken to fill this gap by blaming carbon dioxide almost entirely for the recent gentle warming. A new paper on the so-called ‘greenhouse’ effect highlights the vital role played by oceans and water vapour flows. CO2 is said to have “minimal effect” on the Earth’s temperature and climate.

CO2 Has Almost No Effect on Global Temperature, Says Leading Climate Scientist

2 Likes

I find the fence quite comfortable, Evvy. Means you can slip off either side - if some actually-conclusive evidence ever turns up. Haven’t got any yet, have we; despite all the hysterical hyperventilating?

I find one thing that the Daily Sceptic hack says persuasive: (paraphrasing) for over a hundred years our main source of energy has been fossil hydrocarbons; and that’s likely to be still so for the immediate future.

True that pretty certainly is, since there’s literally zero credible alternative available at anywhere close to current per-capita usage levels (seeing as - falsely-labelled - ‘renewables’ are right now proving to be largely a bust).

But the fly in the ointment is that, even with FHCs, current usage levels can’t be sustained; not remotely possible, even if we took all brakes off hydrocarbon burning, because they’re a depleting resource, and that depletion problem is now starting to insist on being noticed (finally, fifty years after ‘TLTGrowth’ was first published!).

Don’t know whether the covid scam kicked off this loosening in deep-set belief systems that we seem to be witnessing right now, but it seems that both the climate-emergency narrative and the whole virus-theory intellectual edifice are now getting some serious questioning. As also is the formerly unquestioned rectitude of career scientists; “service intellectuals” as Denis Rancourt calls them. The idea being that, if you can’t trust them to avoid political subornment, why should you believe their current theories, which seem to dovetail a bit too exactly with the power-grabbing ambitions of the globo-gics just now?

And as a result - in typical ‘intellectual fashions’ mode, scientific work and hypotheses which have been out of fashion for some time are starting to re-assert themselves; for example, Earth climate being decisively controlled by cosmic cycles within the solar system, rather than by anything that happens on Earth; particularly any of humankind’s inputs, which are all seeming pretty marginal by comparison, despite our hilariously-inflated delusions about our own “…so-potent art…” :laughing:

With a very contentious issue like this, I think it’s important to highlight things that perhaps both sides of the argument can agree upon:

1. the Earth’s climate has always changed, whether it be ice ages or hot ages (this is all mostly effected by solar activity). These climate changes have been occurring for millions of years, and vastly predate human industrial activity.

2. sometimes there is a cataclysmic event, such as a meteorite strike or a super volcano that greatly effects the climate (the Krakatoa eruption in 1883 could be said to be the last one we experienced).

3. we are carbon life forms, and CO2 is vital to our existence. The green stuff on our planet takes in CO2 and chucks out oxygen, which animals breath in order to live.

I hope, maybe, that all sides of the argument can still be in agreement on these points.

Then we get onto the contentious part, which is that the green agenda does absolutely nothing to address the corporate/financial destruction of our planet. Instead it puts it all on powerless plebs in order to enslave them further, and to scare the bejesus out of them, which is a classic form of control.

3 Likes

George Galloway and Jimmy Dore this evening talking about President Biden (the same Joe Biden, like all the rest of them, who tell you about ‘the new green deal’)…

Jimmy Dore for US President, and er Prime Minister of the UK!!!

1 Like

He got the Human League in to advise us?