5 Filters

Moon of Alabama says it's 'all over but the crying', and a bit more dying....plus google/bing really suck!

Hey, I tried to go directly from Google search and Bing search to Moon of Alabama, but both times the linking timed out! wow, are things that bad?

Then I went direct for MoA’s twitter post that linked to this article.

He says ‘the empire has thrown in the towel’. In regards to both China and Russia!

Thoughts?

https://www.moonofalabama.org/2023/06/us-admits-defeat-in-war-on-russia-and-china.html

1 Like

It looks like a lose lose set of policies - maybe someone has pointed out that Russia and China actually have better nuclear weapons than the US and can’t really be blackmailed on that front + Russia and China don’t easily lend themselves open to “colour revolutions” or tribal splits + sanctions are killing off the US allies rather than Russia and China + maybe someone has been using a calculator rather than a computer model to balance the economic pros and cons.

cheers

1 Like

I read the article yesterday @Everyman and was greatly cheered… but I’m still rather circumspect. The humiliation of Little Tony Blinken is well overdue, but he has always struck me as the type who will eat crow with few qualms, in public, but bear a grudge in the longer term. It’s Nuland we need to worry about. And I do. Has she over-reached? I doubt she thinks so, and am not sure anyone else will stand up to her. She won’t be a popular choice if promoted, so I’m hearing. But the Deep State cares zero about that.

Biden’s approach, his cognitive abilities notwithstanding, will depend on whether he genuinely intends to stand for POTUS again. He has to finish this term first, of course. If he does believe that he is standing again (and right now I think he does) he is saying the right things about stepping down aid, and preparing to throw Elensky under the bus. Not because I genuinely believe US foreign policy is a critical factor in electoral politics, but because the never-ending financial scam surely cannot go on much longer. Some lip-service to ordinary Americans who are getting the pips squeezed is going to have to be paid. And all the kowtowing to trannies is deeply unpopular. So I’d expect to see that rhetoric being dialled down, with the occasional academic or commentator being thrown to the Wolves Of Woke from time to time to calm them a little.

But then came the latest chapter in the book on economic elasticity… Apparently USA has underspent on military aid to 404 because the devices, vehicles, ammo, etc was being valued at replacement cost and not historical cost. So they conjured up several extra billion by changing the accounting policy.

When it comes to the replacement costs they will be part of the infinite defence budget rather than ‘aid’ I guess. Some will easily be recouped by gouging it from NATO members who need to replenish their stocks.

Latvia are giving all of the rest of their helicopters to Ukraine btw, bless. That’s two helicopters.

1 Like

Michael Hudson, economist, says they’ve already conceded the loss, and that their real aim is to colonize Europe, well not colonize, neo colonize, make Europe pay, or lose, rather than Wall Street.

1 Like

Yes, I think that’s the agenda coming out into the open. That was what Brexit was all about in the first place. Not that I think Britain is escaping the payback, but with a fiat currency of our very own we can simply emulate the US policy. Click cash into existence, give it to our mates, keep the public sector reasonably onboard and everyone else can watch while jobs evaporate and gas-fired boilers are condemned by the million.

A few tent cities in Manchester, Birmingham, Cardiff, London, Glasgow… to remind us of our fate if we should kick up any fuss, just like in San Fran, Philly, Las Vegas, Portland, etc.

2 Likes

…to show us what the real “15 minute cities” will look like ?

cheers

1 Like

And Then Biden Blew It …

Fucking unbelievable! Actually, no. With this idiot it’s par for the course. Of course! How depressingly typical of these arseholes who only know how to destroy everything.

https://www.moonofalabama.org/2023/06/and-then-biden-blew-it-.html#more

1 Like

More on the China/Blinken meeting from Alexander Mercouris with the Chinese giving Blinken a seven hour drubbing and warning him that this is the last chance saloon for US/China relations - from 1 hour in. (Edit: this was of course before Biden blew it!)

Meanwhile, Shoigu’s severe warning to the UK and the US of immediate Russian retaliation if missiles hit Russia is at abt 25mins in.

2 Likes

:joy: :joy: :joy: :joy:

1 Like

Richie Skunk has just come out with a typical investment banking solution - having frozen all Russian assets outside Russia, now its time to confiscate them as restitution for the costs of their invasion, we’ve just got to find a legal reason to fit the fiction!
Sounds like he’s been reading Hudson and found the ideal solution - let the other guy pay, as usual.

cheers

1 Like

Oh my giddy aunt, just when you think the man can’t get even worse he says “…hold my Bud Light…”. What an absolute shitshow.

1 Like

One question is did Biden blow it deliberately, or was it off script?

Next question is how long is going to take the average yokel in the UK exactly how inflation works? One bellend yesterday told me that if inflation halves, prices will go down. Worse still, they couldn’t grasp that the deflation (they desire) is never coming…

Last question. Who is thinking of fleeing and where? Just out of curiosity. I don’t have the money so I’m stuck here. Cambodia looks nice. Philippines have been a good place to lurk for decades too.

2 Likes

I vote for: Deliberately, it’s a USA strategy for a long time.

My vote on inflation: They will keep raising interest rates if the demand for western currency decreases, which will hurt employment but should stabilize inflation by keeping the demand from foreign investors high. But that will likely create a recession which will create demand for political change.

The Island of La Réunion perhaps? Southern Hemisphere so nuclear fallout, which will mostly be a norther hemisphere thing, will not be as much of a worry.

1 Like

Biden: whether off-message or not (apparently he had had a long trying day, no sleepy-bye-bye meds, etc) he is a vicious blow-hard so that is what he really thinks.

Inflation: it’s as clear as it’s ever going to be that this is due mainly to profit-taking/price-gouging by the usual oligopolies, using Bad Putin as the smokescreen. Day-to-day stuff mostly 25% more expensive, and then some.

Escape: am stuck for at least the time being (divorce to finalise, house to sell, savings evaporating) but quite like the idea of Thailand… except they were regime-changed very recently. Ecuador…?

1 Like

Bad form to reply to myself but going back to Biden: having contradicted Secretary of State Blinken, rhetorically if not in actuality, methinks Blinky will be ‘reshuffled’.

Blinken’s Deputy, Wendy Sherman, retires at the end of this month. So a new Deputy will be needed. Wendy Sherman, US official who led diplomacy with China and Russia, to retire | Reuters

If Victoria Nuland is promoted into that role then as and when Blinky is shown the door she’d have a clear path to the Secretary role. Or it could be done in one leapfrog. (This is much against the wishes of the Dept of State apparatchiks, but the Joebot would scorn any resistance.)

I very much hope I’m wrong.

1 Like

Sorry to hear about your divorce. Likely you aren’t, but it’s an awkward process when it goes smoothly, and goes downhill from there. That said, I’ve never regretted the money I spent on mine. You think you know people…

I suspect you’re correct concerning Nuland. I’ve heard mutterings about her appointment, and not in a positive way.

Good call with Thailand. Shan state is interesting, and the scenery is stunning.

1 Like