5 Filters

Meanwhile in Israel

I’m not sure what to make of the “success” that Hamas realised in it’s cross border raid. Where shin bet and mossad really asleep at the wheel?

How were Hamas guerrillas able to paraglide over the wall unchallenged? Apparently Hamas were able to overrun checkpoints and capture/destroy military hardware… Strange times. There are also rumours that some of the anti tank equipment Hamas now had is courtesy of the thriving black market coming out of Ukraine…

Here’s a piece by Tariq Ali in support of the action.

Overall a depressing picture of a tortured and desperate people. I just found out that for the last few years IDF policy has been to shoot peaceful Palestinian protestors in the knee or ankle.

There are rumblings the Hezbollah will join in if Israel matches into Gaza… what happens then is anyone’s guess.

3 Likes

Apparently Hezbollah is warming up

Oh yeah, there’s also the fact that Hamas says they have captured many Israeli hostages. Unprecedented…

2 Likes

You beat me to it Aly. Some, a lot, of the footage has that Charlie Hebdo feel to it, if you take my meaning. The chants of Allah A’kbar repeatedly are OTT. The timing, 50th anniversary of Yom Kippur war is so neat.

Thought experiment: global elite sense the need for a strong and well televised scenario in which rebellious types are utterly devastated, not forgetting their families, neighbours, and anyone else who doesn’t run away quickly enough. The televised class, and not forgetting Rachel effing Riley, are unanimous in saying that the brutal response is wholly justified. The B division lays into Jeremy Corbyn just in case anyone still takes him seriously. Anyone who protests is sure to be found guilty of antisemitism, without trial, who needs trials LOL.

Meanwhile the apparent good guys at UK Column are playing the “controlled opposition…what, us??!” card in the same week David Scott happens to be Zooming in from Tel Aviv. Patrick Henningsen has been disappeared. I’ll be watching this coming Mondays news with great interest as the State That Should Never Be Criticised is bound to be the key topic.

I’m smelling many rats right now. The overall lesson, just Do Not Cross Us, is loud and clear enough to drown out all the crumbling Ukraine narrative. Just as that, in turn. diverted attention from Cronyvirus, and so on.

The devils are all here.

3 Likes

I think you’re spot on with that thought experiment, K. It’s weird alright.

FWIW here’s a few hot-takes. Make of them what you will

2 Likes

The Al Jazeera live link looks like a tab I’ll keep open, though I know that for the sake of my mental health I really ought not to look at it too often. My suspicion is that Iran is being framed for this and that seeing as Russia has been too tough a nut to crack, Ukraine will be left to simmer, the China Is Bad Mmmkay mood music will be left playing, and it’ll be Israel and NATO vs Iran.

I hope I’m wrong but it seemed a sensible time to fill the car’s petrol tank as punishing price increases are inevitable. Not necessarily due to any market forces as such, just because.

3 Likes

Hi folks, this doesn’t bode well for Palestinians it feels like a set up into which the Hamas kids marched. Expect the World to applaud the “final solution” - the eradication of Palestinians from what is left of Gaza and the West Bank.

I found this interesting:

cheers

4 Likes

Another good link, thanks @CJ1 .

Reproducing the Caitlin Johnstone quote:

Caitlin Johnstone, referring to Kennedy’s post, and adds. “Here come days and days of western news media slyly reversing the aggressor-defender relationship and reporting as though the violence began with the Hamas offensive, spontaneously out of nowhere.”

She is describing an actual psychological thing, very relevant to analysing narcissism and male-on-female violence (but it works in any dysfunctional relationship).

DARVO. That’s Deny, Attack, Reverse Victim and Offender

3 Likes

Can’t emphasize enough how DARVO applies to our modern version of Rousseau’s Social Contract.

The social contract is now an abusive relationship that we are locked in to.

Excellent points

Thanks for the link CJ, a good and somewhat terrifying article. Maybe I just get terrified easily… :thinking:

2 Likes

Using “one can’t believe anything in the mainstream media” as a premise, how about the images are all from studios, and possibly what a great false flag so Nutinyahoo can, as he has now said, “Wipe Gaza off the face of the map”

4 Likes

Definitely had a Hollywood quality to the videos, that’s for sure. Rousing music and everything

This also :

h/tip Marknadim TLN

cheers

One of the better comments Jonathan Cook :

cheers

1 Like

Really good at last to see a Palestinian spokesperson who is both articulate, to the point and won’t be bullied. However, that is one spokesperson who will not be invited back to CNN (or the BBC, Sky News, MSNBC, Fox, etc).

I find it very significant that he was allowed to speak for nearly 9 minutes. Normally, CNN (and all the others), would have been cut very short and they would have gone to an ad break or some other item. Maybe this is evidence of the shift in western thinking on Palestine that some have been talking about during this year. Thanks @CJ1

5 Likes

Thanks for that CJ

Posting a YouTube version (for as long as it lasts) for those without linkedIn accounts

4 Likes

Impressive performance. The first task was to restrain the wagging finger at the beginning. “First and foremost do you condemn…” and reset the framework to the everyday repression and murder of Palestinians. He succeeded in obtaining a more reasonable attitude for discussion of the underlying issues, where the Palestinian case is much stronger than the one usually constructed by the MSM.
I’m not sure the next CNN interview will be as reasonable.

3 Likes

He did a good job. I am not sure the Palestinian Authority enjoys as much credibility as he seems to think. Moral standing, yes, and his strong but measured words do him great credit. Unfortunately Hamas regard PA as toothless sellouts, and Israel accuses them of exercising insufficient authority. Kind of a lose-lose position.

1 Like

Any shift is very likely a reflection of the fact that Biden detests Bibi and we all know what a vengeful and vindictive old goat he is. Not that I have even a second’s sympathy for Bibi who is pure evil.

I wouldn’t be that surprised if Mossad + CIA were looking the other way lately, in rather the same “oops, that was careless of us” way that seemed to have happened on 9/11, so that Bibi ends up being the one embarrassed by the seeming state of unpreparedness. At least some of the IDF fighters display the same sort of commitment that the Ukrainian conscripts are evidencing… and I don’t blame them for a split-second. (Either set.)

You can be entirely sure that when the dust settles it will be time for another, probably inconclusive, Israel general election. I guess I might be being overoptimistic that the dust will, eventually, settle.

1 Like

A further link which I’m adding for it’s eloquence. Gabor Mate hits the nail on the head

https://www.reddit.com/r/chomsky/comments/173ctkh/holocaust_survivor_a_physician_and_author_dr/

3 Likes

Hi folks, I just watched this Brian Berletic youtube video on the Israel/Palestine conflict - to my mind this was excellent in setting out the whole context and reminding us of who HAMAS are and how they operate. He clearly supports Palestinian rights to recover their stolen lands and secure freedom but he points out some of the dangers of blindly supporting Hamas.

H/T sashimi TLN.

cheers

2 Likes

Yesterday’s (Monday’s) UK Column had an excellent report by Vanessa Beeley. Worth a watch from about 2 minutes 30 and if you have any friends who parrot the line ‘Israel has the right to defend itself’, it’s worth getting them to watch as well.

5 Likes