5 Filters

Looks as if I'm going to lose my subscription to Dmitry Orlov's mailouts

Small casualty of the idiot sanctions tantrum that the West is currently throwing. Dmitry can’t use Subscribestar to receive payments in Russia any more. Suggests patrons should re-subscribe with Boosty, a Russian English-language equivalent. I would, but they won’t let you subscribe with a land-line phone, only a mobile - which I’m not going to get. Heigh-ho! All good things… :pensive:

Sorry to hear that Rhis. I’m not a subscriber but I always enjoy his work that is open source.

I’d be fascinated if Dimitry has said anything about the three leaders from Poland, Czech Republic and Slovenia who have, apparently, traveled across war-torn Ukraine by train to meet with a former actor and comedian in Kiev.

Heck, I’ve done those kind of train journeys myself during the Cold War. Poland to Ukraine, at least 24 hours on a train, if you’re lucky.

None of it makes sense. None of it adds-up.

DO suggests using something called Boosty. To sign up you need to get them to send you a code to your mobile. The code expires after 60 seconds, but it took about 10 mts to receive the code, so I haven´t been able to sign up yet.

1 Like

Any links @Sanjeev ? I believe @Rhis said having a mobile is a no no.

I’m in the same boat, Sanjeev - will keep plugging away though!

Apologie to Rhis, but I am in the system now, and there´s no escaping google once you´re in.

2 Likes

I’m inclined to agree with that @Sanjeev. When younger and more naive I believed that Do No Evil scthtick of theirs