5 Filters

Line Goes Up – The Problem With NFTs

I’ve watched it, still don’t entirely get it although it reminds me of reading about The South Sea Company.

Line Goes Up – The Problem With NFTs

Interesting commentary. Thanks spike! (How yer doin’, btw…?) This guy’s exposition of bitcoins and the blockchain do help to clear away the fog a bit; but I still find myself switching off in sheer bafflement some way into the vid. I still find it difficult to get a complete, clear intellectual grasp of what it all is. But speaking from the intuitive side, I’ve always suspected the bitcoin thing to be some sort of mass delusion, Tulip-Mania style, substanceless, and bound to crash and vanish some time fairly soon. It simply isn’t tied to anything real; as in real goods and services which people actually need and want. Any currency thus detached from close tallying with real, objective, touchable things of true value isn’t destined to last long before drowning in its own contradictions. Wonder what Max Keiser will have to say when that happens…! :scream:

Glad to see that this guy’s critique does at least bring up the absolutely crazy waste of energy and electronic resources that the ‘mining’ delusion creates.