5 Filters

Learning from America

Their idiots are more transparent than ours here in the UK :smiley:
What I’m actually learning from is Dr Meryl Nass, who very kindly takes apart the UK Govt’s latest public ruminations for us:

" Putting a yearly shot in place now saves them from future decisions. Which is a big priority, since FDA’s top vaccine official, Peter Marks, admitted that he approved an earlier booster to kick the can down the road, because FDA needed to ‘do something.’ I must say, we are fortunate to have such transparent idiots running the show at FDA. If they were clever we might actually take them seriously."

She doesn’t miss many tricks.

"And now for some remarkable statistics. Thank you JCVI!

[from the report…]
“Revised estimates of the number needed to vaccinate (NNV) to prevent one hospitalisation during the Omicron era indicate that 800 persons aged 70 years and above would need to be given a booster in autumn 2022 (a fourth dose) to prevent one hospitalisation from COVID-19. The corresponding NNV for persons aged 50 to 59 years is 8,000 and for persons aged 40 to 49 years who are not in a clinical risk group is 92,500 (Appendix 1).”

Did you get that? You would need to vaccinate 92,000 people in their 40s to prevent one hospitalization with Omicron. How many would be maimed or killed by all those shots? And you would think that if the shots saved lives, here is the place to tell us. But there is no mention of lives saved."

Her analysis is here UK government discusses its COVID stats today, - recommended as ever, even if only for the barbed comments.

Edit - halfway through this post my connection crashed and everything open vanished. But when I went back into 5f, this was still there as a draft!
Whereas emails can still vanish completely even when sending, if unsaved.

2 Likes