5 Filters

Lawfare and 'antisemitism'

…are well-established tools in the resource kit of those who enable the silencing of opposition to their ghastly actions and omissions. Canada is a long-standing Beta Test laboratory and the examples detailed below are a warning to us all. Their intent is to chill opposition through intimidation, not just in the chosen test environment but in the whole Anglosphere and beyond. Just as the massacres in Gaza are intended to terrify us all into cowed submission for fear that we will suffer likewise.

1 Like

Hi @KarenEliot, totally agree with your comments on this angle. I don’t know whether you saw this, but it covers the mainly US position on the same subject of censoring by smear, threats and $$:

there is a video but it also comes with a transcript button which I know you prefer.

cheers

H/T RaskolnikovX @ TLN

1 Like

Excellent stuff. Covers similar ground to The Duran video (yes!) that I posted earlier today - but with due emphasis upon the banshee-shrieks of the Zionist Entity groupies. (Which is not heavily featured, in fact only mentioned in passing, by Mercouris/Greenwald).

Duran: Greenwald and Mercouris on censorship

I think it’s not deniable that the firing of rockets by Hamas is a war crime, indiscriminate, or certainly what (sic) the killing of civilians at the rave is a war crime.

I’d be quite prepared to clearly and publicly deny this, in fact, particularly the latter given that the preponderance of damage and casualties was inflicted by the IDF. As the interview says, the pro-Israel argument simply cannot be won by any other means than ruthlessly shutting up those who dare oppose them.

They are demons, I really am coming around to believing that.

2 Likes

On the Greenwald and Mercouris video - did I hear correctly from Greenwald that he published the Snowden material - my recollection is that he only managed to release a small part of the Snowden material before it was grabbed and suppressed by Greenwald’s later boss? (It was only an aside from Greenwald, but was it true - not to my recollection?)

cheers

PS this should have been a response to your new post on the Duran video I won’t try and move this post at this point.

1 Like
2 Likes

Yes, I think he did say that, in passing. As his rate of diction speeds up the egotistical self-promotion is not suppressed quite as efficiently as it should be…

1 Like

I guess maybe that a judge keen to buy brownie points, or avoid being Epsteined, might just fall for it… Since enforcing the ‘copyright’ would not really be practical the objective must be to try to prosecute a small number of prominent ‘anti-semites’ as a new way of cancelling. This suggests maybe the ‘anti-semite’ tag, on its own, is losing some of its efficacy…?

It seems the trademark only applies to the phrase used on hats and shirts - and of course only in the US, - totally bananas that any phrase can be trademarked to counter a constitutional right of freedom of speech! - seems ripe for appeal?

cheers

1 Like

Ah, thanks for clarifying. I assumed the article was simplifying the scope by mentioning merch but I guess these lawyers know what they’re at.

I guess it could encompass protest placards and the like? I’ve noticed how some Twitterati like to target “professionally produced” banners as if to imply that the persons holding them are rent-a-mob (see below). Decent quality home printers are not exactly rarities nowadays.

… but if you can put the frighteners on Prontaprint for ‘publishing hate…’ it’s yet another line of attack.

1 Like