5 Filters

Just received this from 'Reprieve'

QUOTE:

Dear Rhisiart,

I am emailing you with heartbreaking news. Hussein Abo al-Kheir was executed in Saudi Arabia yesterday. He didn’t get to say goodbye to his children or siblings.

Reprieve client, Hussein, was a 57-year-old Jordanian father of eight who was sentenced to death for allegedly smuggling drugs into the Kingdom. A death sentence handed down based on a forced “confession” extracted through 12 days of torture. Hussein was denied access to a lawyer throughout his trial, and maintained his innocence.

Since Hussein’s arrest and imprisonment in 2014, the Saudi Arabian authorities continuously provided him and his family with false hope: they said he would be released and kept making statements about no longer executing people for non-lethal offences. Hussein truly believed that one day he would return home to his loved ones. This was psychological torture by a cruel regime.

Hussein’s health was also deteriorating during the years he was locked up: he was going blind in his cell.

Mohammed bin Salman’s ruthlessness knows no bounds. And when world leaders queued to shake his bloodstained hands just days after the Kingdom’s largest mass execution in its modern history last year, it sent the message that there will be no consequences for executing innocent men like Hussein.

And that’s exactly what happened. Hussein was executed exactly one year to the day after Saudi Arabia’s mass execution of 81 men.

I want to personally thank you for standing with Hussein. More than 19,000 people in this community added their names calling on Hussein’s release, 6,257 people emailed Saudi Arabia’s Human Rights Commission about his case, and thousands of you sent a message of support to his family. He knew that this community was on his side.

Our thoughts are with his family – his eight children and his sisters – who tirelessly fought for his freedom. Their pain is unfathomable. We will continue to support them, and I know this community stands with them.

Thank you for fighting for Hussein Abo al-Kheir. May he now rest in peace.

Jeed Basyouni
Head of Death Penalty (Middle East and North Africa)

UNQUOTE.

You can see why I refer to Mohammed bin Salman as 'MobinS-the-Fool (echoing a daft donkey marionette who used to be on children’s TV decades ago: ‘Muffin The Mule’). Considering the vicious barbarity of the state over which he lords it, it seems quite a restrained insult to the grinning Saudi turd.

What a heartbreaking story. Sorry for Hussein´s family and may he rest in peace. And may bin Salman spend the rest of eternity in Hell.