5 Filters

Judiciary quietly sliding out of delivering Julian A to American Gulag?

Craig Murray with a detailed precis of what seems to be happening around the ongoing torture of Julian.

The implication floating behind Craig’s account, at least to my eyes, is that the English-raj class, spottily perhaps, but substantively, is growing aware that their customary position these seventy-odd years, on knees, tongues super-glued to the Swampies’ collective anus, may be hoving towards its ignoble end, as the Anglozionist empire disintegrates.

And so the supernally dignified and learned denizens of the silken judiciary can at least free themselves from the ultimate grovel of having to deliver an obviously wronged and wrongfully-imprisoned hero into the hands of the sub-nazi thugs running American Gulag.

Craig even sketches out the diplomatic path to letting Julian off the hook with minimal come-back for the Swampies to complain:

Hi @RhisiartGwilym , the whole case is political and I think CM is being optimistic here:
“ But the Supreme Court can refuse extradition on the one point now certified by the High Court, and it can be presented as nothing to do with anything bad about the USA and its governance, purely a technical matter of a missed deadline. ”

The Supreme Court could more easily just refuse to grant the application to appeal and wait for the inevitable ECHR appeal which maybe months away - all the UK establishment can then just blame the ECHR if JA wins.

cheers

1 Like

With the way transatlantic solidarity is breaking up under the impact of the new Russian demands, you could imagine the ECHR telling the gulagists to piss off, and denying extradition for Julian. Meanwhile, of course, the USuk knuckle-draggers will go on torturing him, and trying to get him to die, for as long as they can spin it out: if not a life sentence in American Gulag, then at least a longish period of kidnap-and-beat in the groveller-uk franchise of the gulag.

I’d say that Craig is mistaking diplomacy for the rules-based order. Regrettable, and I wish I had even a smidgeon of CM’s positivity, though not the ill-disguised love of pomp and ceremony.

Julian may never be extradited, but the process will wind on and on and on interminably. The demise of UK as 51st State is not anywhere on the agenda, I’m afraid.