5 Filters

"Israel Accused Of Torturing UN Workers To Obtain False Testimony About UNRWA" Caitlin Johnstone

Hi folks, just when you think Israel has reached its nadir a new report emerges - this time from the UNRW stating clearly that UN STAFF were tortured by Israeli authorities into lying about UNRWA connections to Hamas so that the starvation of Gazans could be speeded up!

" This is another one of those stories about Israeli offenses that are so stunning that at first you can mistakenly believe you must not be reading it correctly — especially since the western political-media class haven’t been treating it like the jarring news that it is. If we had anything remotely like an objective news media in the western world, reports that Israel tortured United Nations staff to get them to make false statements against a UN aid agency would be the top story everywhere for days."

https://www.reuters.com/world/middle-east/unrwa-report-says-israel-coerced-some-agency-employees-falsely-admit-hamas-links-2024-03-08/

words fail!

cheers

2 Likes

Hi folks, here are a couple of other incisive articles by Caitlin Johnstone - sorry about posting on my post but it seemed more appropriate than starting off new threads.

“There is literally no criticism you could possibly level at Israel that would not get you accused of antisemitism if you said it to a large enough audience, but this isn’t about Jews, it’s about abuse and injustice. The majority of the most moral and upstanding people I follow for ideas and information about the world happen to be Jewish; Jews are some of the best people I know. You either support an abusive apartheid ethnostate which can’t exist without being in a constant state of war or you don’t, and the majority of the people who do are not even Jewish. Anti-semitism is just an accusation that shitty people level at good people to divert criticisms of their shitty position.”

I have never quite understood why abuse of a particular race or followers of a particular religion should be labelled separately from racism or religious hatred both of which are outlawed in human rights laws. What is so special about this type of racism? Should we not stand up against all racists?

cheers

1 Like

The torture story is shocking.

How ungrateful of Israel, when the UN says Israel must not be criticized

3/8/22 UN Declares War on ‘Dangerous’ Conspiracy Theories: ‘The World Is NOT Secretly Manipulated By Global Elite’

The United Nations has declared war on conspiracy theories, describing the rise of conspiracy thinking as “worrying and dangerous”, and providing the public with a toolkit to “prebunk” and “debunk” anybody who dares to suggest that world governments are anything but completely honest, upstanding and transparent.

The UN also warns that George Soros, the Rothschilds and the State of Israel must not be linked to any “alleged conspiracies.”

UNESCO has teamed up with Twitter, the European Commission and the World Jewish Congress to launch the campaign dubbed #ThinkBeforeSharing: Stop the spread of conspiracy theories.

{https://en.unesco.org/themes/gced/thinkbeforesharing. Lots of infographics!}

The UN wants you to know that events are NOT “secretly manipulated behind the scenes by powerful forces with negative intent” and if you encounter anybody who thinks the global elite are conspiring to consolidate power and dictate global events, you must take action.

According to UNESCO, “if you are certain you have encountered a conspiracy theory” on the internet then you must “react” immediately post a relevant link to a “fact-checking website” in the comments.

More ‘actions’ and graphics on the link

2 Likes

Hi folks, I keep reading Caitlin Johnstone and every day she produces work that articulates my own feelings on Gaza - her latest material here with her recent posts in the sidebar:

cheers

1 Like