5 Filters

Is this just rioting in France, and looting, or is it an insurrection?

Last night for the first time the ‘rioters’, ie shop for free crowd, ie looters, came to the old city center of Montpellier and on the main street of the city center they looted a jewelry story, cleaned it out according to what I’ve read. Also they looted a phone store and some other stores.

Elsewhere, especially in Marseilles, the rioters were active. I’m talking thousands of fires throughout urban areas of France.

Despite the police presence everywhere I’m starting to wonder if this is a ‘let it happen’ situation to which, finally, Macron will respond by extreme measures targeting social media and perhaps rights to transportation.

There are reports that some armories were raided by the rioters and guns stolen but I’ve yet to see any real proof of that.

They stopped the trams last night around here at 8pm or so.

The young man killed by the police was doing something so minor, driving a car without a license or something along those lines, and the video shows the cops were beside the car not in front of it, so it seems the authorities are justified of arresting the cop and putting him in jail.

This has enraged the cops’ unions, to the point that they sent out a raging commniqué complaining about government policies.

It’s very possible that a cop or rioter could be killed given the current situation. And then? The young man’s funeral is today so tonight will be a key to knowing if things are calming down are not.

1 Like

It’s been rather epic. I’ll say this for the French, they know how to throw a tantrum.

Saw an gun shop looking sorry for itself, but no firm evidence of missing firearms. Have seen a chap with an AK shooting at something and have seen several with shotguns. Cameras are a target. Saw some oblivious fool get clobbered by a camera lamppost. Doubt he’s alive to talk about it…

As said elsewhere, Macron isn’t worried about this. It’s not coordinated. The test will be how long this lasts. If it’s still going Monday, maybe there’s a grudge underneath and not just angry youths on the rob.

Telegram: Contact @intelslava Lamp post

Telegram: Contact @intelslava AK Lyon

Telegram: Contact @intelslava Firework IED

Thanks for the update Everyman - which I am reading from our eyrie in the chestnut forests north of Ganges. We just moved to this Gite from the other side of the Rhone valley yesterday, and couldn’t get the TV to connect, and till last week had heard nor seen nothing at all. Life in the countryside seems much as it was five years ago, notwithstanding changes brought about by COVID - many people buying up old houses that had been on the market for years waiting for this opportunity.
So there is a lot of tension around, but little attention focused on the real threat brewing in Ukraine, Brussels, Whitehall and Washington. cheers David.