5 Filters

Is a real treatment for Alzheimers on the way?

A Dr in the USA, Dale Bredesen, has been testing out a programme to help or reverse Alzheimer’s disease/dementia. He features on Cremola

How to Help Prevent and Treat Alzheimer’s Disease

https://articles.mercola.com/sites/articles/archive/2023/07/02/dale-bredesen-alzheimers.aspx

As the article disappears after 48 hours, there is a link to a pdf.

The link to the video of the discussion is available on both formats.
There is also a transcript of the interview

There have been many false medical dawns in the Alzheimer’s story, as drugs are hyped and appear good in trials, get marketed, make a lot of money and turn out to be of marginal benefit.
This may be due to fiddled trials; but also, Alzheimer’s has complex pathways and being able to interfere with just one or two of them has always been of limited benefit.

A more sober view then is that until researchers get to the bottom of the whole process, to what’s really happening, it’s unlikely to be tackled successfully.

According to the guest Dr Breseden, the latest wonder drug, Lecanemab/Leqembi, is a case in point. He says it wasn’t even the best treatment in the research trial. (It’s been greeted with the usual relief in the media as the latest ‘Thank Goodness’ drug)

He would say that of course…but the sober view would say that if any group is ever going to make a real dent in this disease, it will be one like this.

Here’s Cremola’s summary

Story at-a-glance
• In 2014, Dr. Dale Bredesen published a paper demonstrating healthy lifestyle choices could reverse Alzheimer’s in 9 out of 10 patients. His team is now launching a new randomized, controlled trial at six sites. Biological aging, brain aging and epigenetics will be included in this trial, using newer blood tests that weren’t available even a few years ago
• The glial fibrillary acidic protein (GFAP) test can be a valuable tool. This test basically looks at brain changes associated with astrocytosis. Astrocytes respond when there’s a problem in the brain, so it can give you a heads-up that something is afoot up to 10 years before symptoms set in
• Supporting energy production and reducing inflammation in the brain are the two most important factors to prevent and treat Alzheimer’s
• The entire family of herpes viruses is associated with changes in the brain and neurons. Left untreated, chronic infections put your innate immune system into overdrive. Alzheimer’s is an innate immune system mismatch with the adaptive system. You’re not clearing the pathogen, so you’ve got a continued onslaught of cytokines causing damage in your brain
• Valuable adjuncts that can help improve mitochondrial energy production include methylene blue, niacinamide, NAC and glycine

The successful 2014 mini-trial is here

How is this different from the way drugs are usually developed? It’s a protocol not a pill, attempts to tackle the whole thing.

A ‘Trial balloon’ posits the questions to the research community.

It’s a little understated. But as you can see Dr Dreseden’s team aren’t hanging about, with randomised controlled trials across the USA.

We can watch and wait. I hope to see results before I…forget that I saw it :neutral_face:
Cheers

3 Likes

Thanks for this.

My mother has both Alzheimer’s and Dementia. She’s kept it well hidden using charm and guile. Got a diagnosis Jan this year. I watched her run rings around the doctor. He diagnosed her as early (stage 1 of 7).

She’s stage 5 give or take. Am her only son, and she doesn’t recognise me about 30% of the time.

I really appreciate this link. Thanks :+1:

1 Like

Thanks @Evvy_dense , I skimmed through the pdf and saved it for later - I did notice a failure to mention EMF contributory effects on the brain and the onset of Alzheimers which I think was covered by either Dr Beverly Rubik or Dr Magda Havas or even David Icke.

cheers

1 Like