5 Filters

Interesting take on the Gaza sitch

By Arnaud Bertrand, posted by b

https://www.moonofalabama.org/2023/10/arnaud-bertrand-how-israel-stepped-into-a-trap.html

2 Likes

Is there a possiblilty that, egged on by ‘humanitarian concerns’ expressed by the (so-called) international community, Israel could ‘allow’ (i.e. push) Gazans to ‘escape’ to safe(r) havens and prevent their later return?

2 Likes

Yes I think that’s a strong possibility, or tackle Northern Gaza first and then maybe the southern sector separately. But maybe not at all, someone has had a word with Bibi? Or did rain really stop play?

This is a more optimistic take

That there simply aren’t any bombs left is a (revealing) possibility. …or this is being pretended to be the case?

1 Like

Arnaud Betrand states: ‘it says a lot that Israel doesn’t seem to have learned a thing from the US’s immense mistakes in its post 9-11 response’.

‘Mistakes’! But wasn’t 9-11 conjured as the ‘catalysing event’ as outlined in PNACs ‘Rebuilding America’s Defences’? In Bertrand’s reading 9-11 is something that happened to the US, to which it responded rashly. Looking at this latest eruption it would appear here that at the very least Israeli security looked the other way - and there’s good reason to suspect that some events over the course of last weekend were straight-forward false flags. It’s evident that Israel has long sought a final solution, and this time around they may actually pursue it. Naturally, another incursion into Gaza will be met with a furious response - particularly from the Lebanon side - - and despite its braggadocio, Israel must fully understand that tangling with Hezbollah is costly - so no doubt that will give them pause for thought. But then, having heard recent mumblings about Israel decamping to Ukraine, maybe the zionists will go for shit or bust.

One other thing, Mark Wauck reckons ‘Israel will go along with the Neocons’, I reckon that’s about right, but then, is there very much of a distinction between the two parties ; )

2 Likes