5 Filters

Iain Davis: "It is time to stand up to those who contort the meaning of antisemitism"

published on UK Column and mentioned in today’s report :

" It is time to stand up to those who contort the meaning of antisemitism

by

Iain Davis

Tuesday, 17th January 2023

We all know that British MP Andrew Bridgen was suspended from the Conservative Party because he questioned the claimed “safety and efficacy” of the so-called Covid–19 vaccines. It had nothing to do with any plausible allegation that he is either antisemitic or racist.

But that was the canard deployed to marginalise him. Those who engaged in the slander showed absolutely no respect for memory of the Jews and others who were murdered in the Holocaust.

In the hands of the virtue-signalling politicians and the mainstream media, the words Holocaust and antisemitism are stripped of their meaning. In their mouths, all vital significance is lost.

For what seems to be a sizeable cohort of Establishment figures and their mainstream media representatives, Holocaust and antisemitism are no more than rhetorical weapons used to persecute and ostracise their opponents or silence critics. It is a sickening irony that these sacrosanct words in our language have been co-opted by those who seek to “other” the people they apparently despise…"

cheers

I have only one objection to Ian Davis’ article.

Now is NOT “… time to stand up …” The time to stand up was years ago, at the real beginning. I could make an argument for the time to stand up being at the time of Balfour, but that may be a stretch too far for some. However, how about at the time Jeremy Corbyn was slandered. Or, just before that, how about the time of the Al Jazeera documentary series showing Israel influence on UK politics and their use of the ‘anti-semitic’ slur to disenfranchise and discredit any opponent of Israeli ‘democracy’. Or perhaps somewhat further back, how about at the time of the King David hotel false flag or the USS Liberty false flag.

The time to stand up is when something unjust occurs. Not years later.

I apologise for the rant.

3 Likes

Hi @PatB , you’re absolutely right.
I would also disagree with his implied adoption of the so-called IHRA definition of anti-semitism. I never understood how a draft working definition which was abandoned by the organisation which suggested it in the first place could ever be adopted by anyone!
I D is sound in a lot of his work but there are lacunas to watch out for - e.g some of his comments on Russia and Putin!

Cheers

2 Likes

Iain shares the belief, mandatory amongst the Off-G peoople, that the leaderships of Russia and China are ‘all in it together’ with the criminal gics of the Anglozionist empire to subject everyone in the world to the globalists’ NWO, and that the apparent enmity between the West and the other blocs is just surface show; they’re actually cooperating. Even the SMO in former Ukraine is largely pretence apparently - despite the huge Ukrainian death-toll: it’s all for show…

That seems to me a big hole in Iain’s - and Off-G’s - credibility: judgement of realities on the ground misinterpreted in service of a doctrine. But once allowances are made for that blind-spot, still pretty good.

1 Like

Hi @CJ1 I forgot about the Liarbour Partys agreement to that appalling IHRA definition agreed to by all those ‘friends of Israel’.

2 Likes

Your right @RhisiartGwilym Perhaps ask Ian to read this analysis of when Russia broke from the west’s malignant influence. I won’t say ‘when Putin …’ as the lamestream media does as if he is the total dictator of Russian policy.

1 Like

Dead right.
And here’s another thing: Bridgen actually went and apologised - in case he’d offended anybody. ffs. Sadly, he’s not been paying attention. We knew Corbyn was finished as soon as he first did that - and so he was.
And another thing: as Alex Thomson pointed out, what on Earth can possibly ‘come second’ to the holycaust now? Nothing or it would be anti-semitic.

3 Likes

Hi folks, in case you missed it this was posted by johnhol on TLN today:

I have no criticisms of Jamie Stern-Weiner’s detailed 40 minute analysis of how antisemitism is defined - the youtube was created on 18th Jan 2023.

cheers

1 Like

I hadn’t picked up on his mispronunciation, very good.

And that is the kernel of the argument: to compare anything to the Holocaust is to stand guilty of diminishing the horror of it. The word carries no other meaning, to all intents and purposes.

The fact that Bridgen was quoting a third party who used the word ‘since’ is not sufficient to mollify the lynch mob - especially when that’s not really the reason they are marching with their pitchforks, figuratively speaking. (I mean no disrepect to Frankenstein’s creation and agree that it is terribly hurtful to refer to xim as a ‘monster’)

As @PatB so accurately put it, that fight was lost years ago, and it’s best to stay away from the H word completely. For the time being, references to Hiroshima, or Boer War Scorched Earth strategies, if some superlative has to be found, might do the trick I suppose.

Iain Davies does, indeed, have a number of lacunae in his lines of attack.