5 Filters

How U.S. ethanol plants are allowed to pollute more than oil refineries

Hi folks, I was recently thinking about the global food issues and I wondered what the impact of using corn for ethanol production to put in fuel tanks has had. I came across this today which doesn’t mention corn grown for food but does show the completely useless waste of corn in reducing green house gases! The article of course steps around the elephant - are we sure that reducing green house gases will make any real difference on global climate change! :wink:

“WASHINGTON, Sept 8 (Reuters) - In 2007, the U.S. Congress mandated the blending of biofuels such as corn-based ethanol into gasoline. One of the top goals: reducing greenhouse gas emissions.

But today, the nation’s ethanol plants produce more than double the climate-damaging pollution, per gallon of fuel production capacity, than the nation’s oil refineries, according to a Reuters analysis of federal data.

The average ethanol plant chuffed out 1,187 metric tons of carbon emissions per million gallons of fuel capacity in 2020, the latest year data is available. The average oil refinery, by contrast, produced 533 metric tons of carbon.“

cheers

1 Like

I hadn’t quite realised the scale of it. That’s a lot of fodder, or food for humans, being diverted out of the food chain. The article seemed to be lobbying for more changes to the ‘modeling’, which seems to make a massive difference to whether or not the process is deemed a problem. We’re seeing an awful lot of that…

1 Like

Hi @KarenEliot , totally agree , establish regulatory controls to fix the definition or model around the policy ( which is always determined by corporate profits and political corruption ). Of course it’s not only food that is being diverted - I suspect there is an enormous loss of water for human consumption in this fuel-con. To what end - reducing man-made GHGs that no-one has proved will make any real difference to climate change! This looks like a lose lose fix for the 99.9% and a win win for the PTB. Remind me, how much of US farmland is now owned by BilG!

cheers

Great research @CJ1 .Divert more productive agricultural land to something that is more polluting than fossil fuels? It seems to me this is just part of the depopulation agenda.

See the way our daily language is distorted by incessant low-key assumptive, ‘everybody knows’ propaganda: carbon dioxide as a pollutant? I don’t think the green plants will agree! Yet we’ve been so well-sold that daft idea that it slips into our daily speech without question.

Similarly with ‘pandemic’. The trotted-out assumption is now standard that there has been a global pandemic this past couple of years, and we’re still in the remains of it right now; when in fact it has become pretty clear to truth-seekers that - there was no pandemic.

See what I mean by ‘the Permanent Bullshit Blizzard’…?