5 Filters

Hezbollah announces martyrdom of Sayyed Hassan Nasrallah

Any comment is probably liable to be construed as support for a proscribed organisation, or whatever the phrase is. I’m sure there will not be any staged protests in Paris or London, etc

1 Like

Biden has announced Nasrallah’s death as “justice” and has further repeated that the US “fully supports Israel’s right to defend itself”

Russia has said that this will lead to wider conflict and that the Israelis “bare full responsibility for the subsequent escalation”

2 Likes

apperently the Israelis dropped 86 2000lb bombs one after the other to destroy the meeting in which Nasrallah was killed.

86 x 2000lb = 172,000lb bomb

Thats 78 kilotons. Hiroshima was 16 kiltons. That’s almost 5 Hiroshimas

See below for a less bonkers and more accurate analysis

Hang on Ali.

Doesn’t a kiloton (‘an explosive force equivalent to that of 1,000 metric tons of TNT’) actually equate to something more like 2 million pounds? In which case they’d have had to repeat the performance about eleven and a half times to arrive at ‘one Hiroshima’.

Which is shite enough of course but, still, . . .

Sounds like they may have used up all their stock of bunker-busters (what an anodyne term!) if its true that the US paused replenishing them some time ago. God I hope so.

Oops, yes. You’re absolutely correct. Was reading 78,000 kg as 78,000 tonnes. Lol

Maths. It’s harder than you think :thinking:

Thanks for pointing that out before I write to my MP…

Anyway. Yes, I hope you’re right and that this was most, if not all, of their bunker busters.

If I remember right one of these 2000lb bombs has a damage radius of 1km, which equates to an area of more than a square mile. Pilots had to fly high to avoid being caught up in shocks from their own bombs.
Israel didn’t need to do much pinpointing with these bombs. It must be wiping out areas of Lebanon in chunks, like someone playing with a big brush in a PC Paint package.

The US is concerned about Russia’s 500-lb bombs but gives 2000lb bombs to Israel.

3 Likes