5 Filters

Helicopter carrying Iran's President Raisi crashes, search under way

This looks a bit dodgy…

https://www.reuters.com/world/middle-east/helicopter-iranian-presidents-convoy-accident-says-strate-tv-2024-05-19/

Looks like they died

In a US made helicopter.

From various other reports more than enough to encourage speculation.

• A convoy of three helicopters, yet they couldn’t find the crash site (comms blackout perhaps?)
  • Wreckage ‘badly burned’ Took off in bad weather (bad judgement perhaps?)
  • Only 25km from the border with Azerbaijan ‘closely aligned with Israhell’
  • Lloyd Austin denies US involvement (does anyone, even the BBC, believe what the US says?)
  • Anonymous Israehell official denies any involvement (see above)

Clearly, in the Damascus embassy attack, Iran’s security was breached allowing Israehell to target several people important in the struggle against them,. Now, several high ranking Iranian officials all on the same flight on an old model helicopter where spares are hard to get and with rather blemished safety record. Whatever the cause, IMHO, Iran seems to make some bad security choices.

1 Like

I’m on the fence on this.

The area and terrain was perfect for a shoot and scoot with a manpad. But that’s too easy. And lazy, because the other two would have seen the launch and explosion.

Shit happens. As shown by the RAF.

This was a bad one. Again, bomb is easy and lazy. Bad weather is the connection.

Death by haarp? Tin foil for sure, but plausible in today’s world. Especially considering that May seems to be whack an anti western leader month. Saudis a few weeks ago, Fico and another too who’s name escapes me. Fun times.

1 Like

I tend to agree: accidental but not helped by poorly thought out logistics. So poor that suspicion is inevitable.

A responsible pilot would surely have suggested turning back if the weather was that adverse… prompting the thought that someone who couldn’t be contradicted said “We’re all busy people, get a move on…”

Oh-oh.

Oh-oh. You’re right. I think that the ‘claim’ that the weather gave no cause for concern only adds to the likelihood of speculation. First, where did the early reports of high winds and fog come from? Second, if the weather was in fact not poor, then the likelihood of an accident seem to be much less likely.

The lying British Bullsh*t Corporation was doing their bit again. They showed Iranians in the streets celebrating Raisi’s death even before it was announced and Vanessa Beeley showed exactly the opposite reaction in Tehran. I believe Beeley’s account.

1 Like

Soon after the crash I caught a piece where the BBC had invited a spokesperson, a diplomat…to give commiserations? To sympathise with the dead people’s family? No, it was to slag him off.

It would be bad enough if the BBC gets its attitude to such events sent down from on high - but it’s probably even worse that it always just seems to know what to do to please the state.

Piers Morgan is a perfect example of what the BBC does. Except occasionally he gets put straight. Once again by Mohammad Marandi. Maybe Morgan likes been put back into the box as this is the second time Marandi has been on.

1 Like

Scott Ritter is keeping an open mind but doesn’t think it was a hit. He has a different view on the weather than that of Gholam Hossein Esmaili. He’s also very confident that Israel wouldn’t want Raisi dead and that Israel was happy with Raisi as president.

I’m still on the fence.

Go to 2 minutes in and watch the following 4 minutes.

So far the Iranians are staying very calm