5 Filters

Happy new year!

HNY to all 5f posters and lurkers!
2023 may not be fun, especially this winter. Grab some cheer when it’s going!
Like er, this…(sorry about the ads)

Evvy_dense xx

4 Likes

Happy New Year folks.

cheers

Happy new year Evvy and all the gang.

I enjoyed the videos and was convinced they must be by Roy Andersson who is very fond of these very busy, tightly choreographed scenes (eg Songs from the Second Floor). Also shades of the bizarre final scenes of Mother ( dir Darron Aronofsky [sp?] )

Anyway, after a bit of digging, I’m patting myself on the back patronisingly. The director was Magnus Renfors who, according to Hobby Films website:

has been directing TV commercials since 2009 and has become one of Hobby Films’ most popular directors to date. His rich, colourful and warm-hearted tone, combined with clever execution has become somewhat of a trademark, leading him to work with clients like McDonalds, Vodafone, and Statoil. Magnus is a director who is able to combine his eccentric sense of humour with his love of making visually striking films. Magnus started his career at Studio 24 together with the feature film director Roy Andersson, Sweden’s brightest star since Ingmar Bergman. Having taken the leap into directing, Magnus first began as a music video director in the early 2000s . . .

1 Like

A decent spot KE, thanks for further info. Gave up on the box a while back and only watched one World Cup game, but it was ITV so had the chance to see the choice primetime ads. I’ve been pretty oblivious to styles and types of adverts, except for thinking that most of them don’t get better no matter how much money is presumably spent on them. Perhaps TV football audience isn’t ‘choice’ apart from the size of the audience (though occasional cinema visits prompted the same thought). Please flag up any Magnus Renfors classics on the likes of Bisto or Kelloggs cornflakes if you see them!

1 Like

I’m trying to refrain from remarking; “Oh cr*p not another one!”

1 Like

Pretty unlikely I’m afraid Evvy as I only watch streaming/YouTube and have developed all sorts of clever tactics for passing thirty seconds when the need arises: folding socks, that type of thing. So I never see adverts. (I also seemed to avoid most Christmas songs this year, except in supermarkets.)

Andersson’s films are worth a try and can probably be found online. Songs From The Second Floor is very strange, a series of short and to some extent self-contained ‘acts’ but a narrative eventually emerges that culminates in some Elders sacrificing children to try and fix society. It doesn’t work.

YouTube is, of course, mostly dreck, but currently queued up is the whole Adam Curtis series Can’t Get You Out Of My Head which ought to shut me up for a while. And a bunch of Catweazle episodes lol.

2 Likes

And just for a New Years laugh, courtesy of UK Column News

6 Likes

Well screen-shotted. Does anyone know if there is a way to download from Rumble so that if your internet goes flaky the video doesn’t freeze and judder? This happens quite a lot when I watch in the evenings, probably because there’s one or two others streaming at the same time on our fairly basic router. And rumble is a bit sub-par some of the time also, but much better than odyssee. Both platforms seem really bad for fast forward/rewind whereas with a local mp4, regardless of the source, that is easy.