5 Filters

Frohe Weihnachten

The outcome of the vote is, of course, not in doubt. Isn´t it amazing that Germany will have had 3 totalitarian govts in the last 90 years?

1 Like

And Austria, and now - FFS! - Switzerland - which of course is part Germanic in its populace. WhatTF is it with the Deutschers? TJHopkins account of the fascistic hate-spitting going on there against the un-quax-stabbed is horrifying. It’s as if the 1930s have been completely blanked from their memories!

Obviously it’s not just the Germanic peoples, but they do seem to have a particular bent to get authoritarian fascist about it. Slags like Johnson and crew are just as bad, but they do it in a much more waffling-English-toff way. Only a matter of style, I suppose. The results are arguably worse. It’s probably objectively true, for example, that the English-raj class and their long empire have been responsible for much more death and destruction than the nazis managed in their mere twelve years of ‘Tausend Jahre Reich’.

1 Like

My only knowledge of Austria comes from Elfriede Jelinek novels. I highly recommend them but very grim.

“Eroding solidarity paradoxically makes a society more susceptible to the construction of substitute collectives and fascisms of all kinds.” ~ Elfriede Jelinek

1 Like