5 Filters

'Freedoms'

I’ve caught myself doing it; saying, ‘freedoms’. Isn’t that a NKOTB? When did we ever talk of such a thing as ‘freedoms’? We were up until last year notionally ‘free’ - we had freedom. Now it seems that there’s a plurality of freedom and we have apparently given them away - some we might be given back - others can be withheld by da manidgemunt - - it depends on our willingness to jump through the proffered hoops - the more hoops one clears, the more ‘freedoms’ does one earn.

Just a thought.

2 Likes

Great point. The stress, deaths and time periods have aligned almost perfectly for us to forget that actually we were free a short while ago. The other ingredient being the incessant propaganda blitz of covid this and covid that. This has served to obscure the unseen hand that removed those freedoms while making it look like an act of fate. So Boris and us all are all in this together! Fighting the virus; fighting for freedom.

Where can I get one of those hoops?
When is my hoop coming?
How come my neighbour has one and I haven’t?
Should people without a hoop be coming near me?

2 Likes

Don’t know what I want but I know how to get it A Florida concert promoter is using tickets to encourage Covid-19 vaccinations by charging those without a shot $999 - CNN

1 Like

Just trying to get round the law that bans vaccine ‘passports’.
I love how the programme presents this with an air of somebody trying to do good. Sadly even the band see it this way - as opposed to a business using coercion and discrimination for its own ends.
It’s galling that these are young people being emotionally blackmailed into doing something that’s hardly being offered in their interest.

2 Likes

Yes, polite college boy ‘punk’ for the skater dudes. I live in hope of a Dead Kennedy’s counter move…

1 Like

…and now for your pleasure, K - Government Flu

1 Like