5 Filters

Freedom of Speech under Mass Psychosis: muttering alone in the dark AKA - The Online Safety Bill

Hi folks , thanks to @PatB ‘s link to 14th may UKcolumn

I heard for the first time about Tory covid-coverup plan A - the Online Safety Bill 2021.
I went through the bill(ge) to discover scores of legal-speak pages without once defining what risks we are all being saved from. Imo, it boils down to “whatever the government says is a risk” , without any involvement of Parliament. The act will operate almost entirely under what obfuscators call Henry VIII powers, or as we call it Totalitarian powers.
I don’t recall Acts of Parliament actually deferring to Government policy but this does :
s.33
“ Secretary of State’s power of direction
The Secretary of State may direct OFCOM to modify a code of practice submitted under section 32(1) where the Secretary of State believes that modifications are required—
(a) to ensure that the code of practice reflects government policy, or
(b) in the case of a code of practice under section 29(1) or (2), for reasons of
national security or public safety”

This is the worst bill I have ever come across - it is setting up the nightmares covered in the Mass Psychosis videos 7mins in on the 3rd one here:

cheers

1 Like

Sharply pertinent vid, CJ! Amazing how well it maps the blizzard of deceitful manipulation to which we’re being subjected right now. Describes it very illuminatingly, doesn’t it?

1 Like