5 Filters

Forum Safari issue

Just been given (!) an oldish MacBook Air. I can’t get it to load the forum. Safari loads it fine on a tablet though. Any ideas? Thanks. (Oh, it loads TLH fine!)

I’ve got an early iPad mini and it is virtually useless on some sites using Safari. However, can’t load Firefox or Brave and get them to work correctly.

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

2 Likes

What actually happens when you try and just the site? And what version of Safari are you using on the old MacBook?? I’ll try and look into this and see what I can find out.

1 Like

Nice idea - have you tried a different browser, Jamie?

1 Like

Thanks both. No, haven’t tried a different browser, although literally only got it last night. As to what happens, well, it goes to load, the ‘loading bar’ starts slowly, then zooms across but the page doesn’t actually load.

Thanks. What version of Safari is it? Let us know how different browsers go

1 Like

I use Brave on a six year old MacBook Air, haven’t seen this issue. (I only use Safari on iPhone which is, by definition, compromised already.)

1 Like

I suddenly started having the same problem with Safari on both my laptop and iPad a few weeks ago (same issue of starting to load and then the loading bar whizzing across and leaving a blank page). I gave up and I’m now viewing 5F on Chrome which is working fine. I’m using Safari V12 (and can’t upgrade because it means upgrading my operating system which I don’t want to do as a whole lot of my software won’t then work :roll_eyes:) so it may just be that the version of Safari on your old iPad is too old and now incompatible with 5F. Did 5F recently have a software upgrade @PontiusPrimate as this only recently started happening? If you can load Chrome that might be your best bet @Jamie.
Hope that helps
Best wishes
J

2 Likes

Hmm. I did a software update about a week ago or so. Maybe something to do with that?

I’ll check the message boards for Discourse and see if anything is reported.

Thanks for the reports

PP

1 Like

Thanks all. Will play around a bit.

Have had exactly the same problem on my (quite old) iPhone, also occurring a few weeks ago or so. And I haven’t tried upgrading for the same reasons you mention. Better to let sleeping dogs lie…

Update: All fixed; just updated system. Thanks all.

1 Like