5 Filters

Forty Years Since Sabra and Shatila

Today is the 40th anniversary of the massacres at Shabra and Shatila. The perpetrators eulogised and promoted, the victims forgotten and the cruelty continues unabated. I wonder how much of this is taught in school history. Stupid of me to even think it might be touched on?

From an American journo at the time, “I saw dead women in their houses with their skirts up to their waists and their legs spread apart; dozens of young men shot after being lined up against an alley wall; children with their throats slit, a pregnant woman with her stomach chopped open, her eyes still wide open, her blackened face silently screaming in horror; countless babies and toddlers who had been stabbed or ripped apart and who had been thrown into garbage piles.”

1 Like

PS. I sent this by email to a nephew who works for the dark side aka BBC Newsnight. I don’t expect to see a story about this on tonight’s news.

2 Likes

I do remember Robert Fisk’s extensive reports about this; in the London Times, I think.

It’s very sad to see the decline of the MSM into the Presstitutes they now are.

Ok, they were never perfect, yet back in the day you did get some real reporting.

1 Like